Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Centus "I'm Not A Chicken"

Jenny Matlock

Oh, oh, oh.....Ms. Jenny what have you done! On a Saturday I craved to be oh,  so unchicken like, and had so little time to even eat before my retreat....to the jungles of today......and here you are offering  (you silly, silly friend of inspiration) chicken? Really?.... Okay I'll take this dare of tossing us a tasty prompt with chicken....  How do you rhyme with Chicken?!  As always if any of you reading this dare to throw in your own bite or two just go here.....OKAY?!
http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/03/saturday-centus-im-not-chicken.html



The block party was kickin’

And we passed up swine
For nine bottles of wine
and scrumptious fried chicken.

We’re all hopin’ not to be stricken
From intoxication
Drinkin’ nine bottles of rosy wine
While indulging in finger lickin’
Super fried chicken.

But wait!...as my eyes thicken
And my tipsy steps must quicken
Before my life becomes stricken
After drinkin’ those nine bottles of wine.

It's Officer McChicken in line for chicken!
With his breathalyzer-machine and I whine
Oh don’t worry I’ll be fine
I’m not a chicken!


Note:  I am not responsible for the increase of McChicken orders, or delicious fried chicken, consumed today and/or the consumption of wine............! Just have an incredible weekend ahead with or without chicken and wine!

16 comments:

Nonna said...

Very good job ! I love the setting, story and it made me laugh too !

I'll be havin' chicken this weekend, ( I'm so hungry after reading all the submissions so far ) no wine to wash it down !

Have a great weekend

Lynn said...

Sounds like my kinda party! Cute story:@)

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I had chicken for lunch, but no tipsy poultry was consumed!

Rek Sesh said...

Hope they was left off on the offering of finger licking chicken...very good take on the prompt.

Bookie said...

Party chickens, indeed. Sounds like a rollicking good time....

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahaha. I was just thinking I wish we had a KFC close by. great job.

Kaye said...

Kinda makes me want chicken, now! Great job!

Wanda Metcalf said...

With all that wine you need to head back over and let do some more chicken dancin'!! : ) Very nice post with a story and all. You even used the word chicken in 2 forms good job!

Judie said...

Well, who invited him anyway? Quick! Eat a raw onion!

Jo said...

Sounds like a fun fun time ... i need a bottle of wine ... or nine!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I really like this piece. It's lighthearted and silly. I'm laughing at the final disclaimer. Great stuff! Thanks.
xoRobyn

Susan Anderson said...

This was fun!

=)

Kat said...

Loved this use of the prompt! If our block parties were more like this, I might actually look forward to them! Kat

Maria said...

These poems are making me hungry!

~Lissa said...

Haha really fun Centus!

Jenny said...

I'm reading these quite late on a stressed out Thursday and you just made me howl with laughter!

Bless you for this wonderful post...I wish I didn't have dinner in the crockpot. I would totally send my husband out for KFC!

Really excellent writing.

And thanks again for the cheer!

You are so cool!