Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Centus Mother, May I

This is a SATURDAY CENTUS


Jenny Matlock
             Jenny, from Off on my tangent, has been quite kind this week again, with a cheery prompt of Mother may I.... exactly like that!

   Jenny says, you may use any style of writing, and add a picture or you may not, you may use up to 103 words...but there is an undertow brewing I fear, for Jenny let it slip she may not be so easy next week..... So enjoy reading all you can and posting your own by going here

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/09/saturday-centus-mother-may-i.html

Here is my Centus

Our game began with 12 players and right off Joey announced he’d be our mother. Really? Ha – ha! Instantly, Joey’s commands shot out like cannon balls.

“Katie, hop like a frog, Tommy, crabwalk for 21 seconds and then take one jump back, but after he told Sara to take 14 giant steps forward and 14 giant steps back while she sang "A Tisket, A Tasket,” he never told her “Yes, you may or no, you may not!”

There Sara was frozen in her last command of squatting like a frog. So again Sara screamed, “I said, Mother may I?!”

See picture

                                     I'm thinking Sara is the winner!

Note: The character of Sara is played by - Lyra, my grand-daughter!
as for Joey's character, he's just an unknown (darling) of an artist performing!

If you feel like having a tisket - a tasket of  a chuckle go here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUYpUogn91U

30 comments:

Bethe77 said...

One of my favorite childhood outdoor games. Great story on the fun of inncont fun at play.
Mother May I move one step please?
Blessings

Karen S. said...

Bethe77, Yes, you may Bethe77, enjoy your weekend!

Judie said...

Hahaha! Yes, we all played the same games of childhood! Great Centus, Karen!!!

Susannah said...

Wonderful! :-)

Karen S. said...

Judie Still do! ha ha I know....we actually used Simon says more, but still the response of Mother may I had to be before Simon would say Simon says, yes! You may! I really enjoyed yours too!

Susannah thanks!

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

cute picture We played that game as a kid

Nonna said...

Love this !
It is a well written, sweet memory of your darling granddaughter playing...I always lost playing that game, glad she won it !!!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This was great. I thought about that game immediately when Jenny gave us this prompt. I love Joey's commands and the photo.
xoRobyn

jfb57 said...

This is such good fun!

You may like to have a go at this one!Still 100 words.http://www.theheadsoffice.co.uk/100-word-challenge-for-grown-ups-week9/

Viki said...

I loved it when I was a kid. That Joey was a mean one LOL.

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahahaha. so good. and good on Sara. And having a 4 year old grand daughter, I can hear the "tone" of what she said.

Jo said...

wonderful! there is hope in the play of children ... and kudos to Sara!

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Cute. Thank you for stopping by and your thoughtful comment. it's good to be back.

Galen Pearl said...

I remember that game! Great photo!

Susan Anderson said...

Gotta love that picture with your words!

=)

Cloudia said...

YES you may!




Aloha from Waikiki;


Comfort Spiral


> < } } ( ° >



><}}(°>

darlin said...

Now this is just way to adorable! Your granddaughter looks like she was having so much fun in her role, how old is she? She's sure smart for a wee one!

*^_^* said...

Wonderful! Awesome!
My favorite childhood outdoor game!!

Karen S. said...

darlin She, Lyra was 2 years old on June 12th! fairly close in age to your grandbaby I think right? She does love play acting and she's the best little dancer and pretend Mommy to her little babies it's just precious! Never a dull moment! Right now her daddy, my son-in-law is in Iraq serving his second deployment over there...so we try to spend as much time with my daughter Cierra and my sweet pea Lyra!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite childhood games! I don't remember the multiple "Mother orders", however! I would never survive the game today! Loved the post, especially the pictures and video!

noexcuses

Ames said...

How cute! It's even funnier with adults playing.:)~Ames

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh how fun! The photo is perfect for your commentary. Great job. laurie

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I think it's interesting that, as kids, we'd follow each instruction to the letter - then go home and disobey our parents!

Good job!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

((what a great name...Lyra!! and so CUTE too!!)

fun post! kind of along the lines with what June Freaking Cleaver (ha!) said...don't believe i EVER muttered the words "Mother May I" at home... but i sure loved all those games! do kids really play them anymore? and if so...do they play them outside...in the fresh air...or inside...on a computer...or game console!!??

seeya! :) laura

Karen S. said...

June FC you are so right on...what logic huh?

Laura I think they do when they people like us who remember them. I was showing my 3 year old grandson how to play hop scotch not thinking my almost 2 year old grandson would even want to try, when we caught him playing it all on his own. Better than his brother! we play them...and hey it's still fun for me!

gautami tripathy said...

Loved it!

shreds

cj Schlottman said...

This is so much fun, and all too real! I love it!

Namaste..........cj

PS - Thanks for your comment on "Ragtop!"

Rekha said...

Enjoyed this especially the last line...such fun. I haven't been around Jenny's for 2 weeks now...should turn up this weekend...just felt like bunking the classes.

Karen S. said...

Rekha - I know sometimes you have to take a time away....or like this weekend I'll be out of town and I really don't like posting Monday night or Tuesday...so just wait a week! Thanks for stopping by here and my TP post!

Jenny said...

My Grandlittles and I play that game often! This is what I had in my head when I wrote the prompt...and you did it brilliantly.

Love the picture!

Thanks for making my heart smile!