Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Centus 21 April 2012 More please!

Welcome to

SATURDAY CENTUS

Jenny Matlock



This is where Jenny, from "Off on my tangent" brings "Saturday centus" to the flash-fiction sort of world that sometimes changes to true life experiences!

Jenny's rules for today are 105 words, any style writing, pictures okay and the prompt of,
Not for profit. For comfort.




Here's mine

The desert sun was relentless, causing your skin to feel like parchment.

"Daddy what does rub someone the wrong way mean?"

"Not now Jenny. I'm late for work and my car needs gasoline."

"Please daddy, Danny screamed it at me. Please tell me."

"Okay, it means to make someone unhappy, or uncomfortable."

"Thanks daddy!"

Later -

After Jenny's mother discovered sugar spilled across the kitchen table she ran to the sun porch.

"Danny, where's your sister?"

He pointed outside "Mom, I helped make her "Free Lemonade" sign.  Please let her do it!"

"But why free?"

"Who knows. She told me it's "Not for profit. For comfort."



Are you all comfortable now?


  Jenny drew a picture for her favorite hero.

If you want to see more or play along too
please go here

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Awww. This is a cute one.

=)

Judie said...

Karen, this post is definitely YOU! Glad you offered it up for our edification and enjoyment, you sweet woman!!!

darlin said...

Karen this is amazing how you can always come up with something with the prompts, this one made me smile! Good on ya (as they say here for a job well done!).

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Karen, you always do such a great job. Loved the story!
Hugs,
Jann

Jenny Woolf said...

Karen,I don't know how you always manage to create something from the prompts. I would be completely defeated by this one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sage said...

I like your new layout... Clever use of "Not for profit, for comfort!"

Jenny said...

Wow. This was soooo good! You made this one look easy. I've been thinking about mine all week and finally figured out a mediocre one today!

I like your illustrations, too!