Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

There Was A Boat

The ice is out, although it feels more like winter in the air lately.  Presently it's a cool 25 degrees. 




......and yet the boats are beginning to come out to play.



Madeline was the first to arrive.

So far.

 




Even all the sister boats are out there setting up so they can spend the summer working the lake.

I've had a dream about a special boat.

For the last four years there's been a favorite old boat of mine.
No, I won't tell you her name.
But every spring I wander about
and always catch up with her again.
Although
this year, that weathered for sale sign may have been of luck for her owners.

I still haven't seen her yet this year.



Some things, we just shouldn't, leave to chance.

If you want something badly enough

will it to be yours.


Otherwise, you may be out of luck.

I'll keep looking.

Some things shouldn't be left to chance.


"One aspect of serendipity to bear in mind is that you have to be looking for something in order to find something else." - Lawrence Block


Who knows, there may be another boat out there......

14 comments:

Galen Pearl said...

Love that Block quote! Very true!

FilipBlog said...

For me the last picture is the best, love the tree.

Greetings,
Filip

Lisa Shafer said...

Great. Now I'm humming the theme from "Gilligan's Island." *rolls eyes*

Nice boat pic, though.

darlin said...

Karen that's a fantastic quote, I love it!

Your photos are brilliant, the water looks a tad bit chilly, not someplace I'd want to go for a swim anytime soon that's for sure.

Have a wonderful day/evening! Cheers.

Unknown said...

BEautiful place. I can't wait to hang out on the lake this summer. Cold weather is getting boring already ^_^

Letter U

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hi Karen; They can't wait to go out there, if I had a boat I could not wait either; Perhaps there is an other boat coming in for you...our friend had this beautiful old yacht, still all mahogany inside; but he has sold it now. I am glad a young couple bought it and they really can make use of it. For us oldies it was not used enough any more. Yes, always keep looking...

CameraCruise said...

Beautiful place, love the last shot and the quote.

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

love the last tree shot...and the quote!!

i wouldn't mind if some of that cooler weather stayed here a little longer. it's 80 out today!

Sage said...

That sailboat looks lonely--I hope to get some sailing in this summer.

JosephAlsarraf said...

There was? 25 degrees really? It didn't even get that cold here during the winter.

Sorry about your boat, I hope it shows up someday, deep in the shadows of the water it will show up one day, sailing, sailing out to the bay....


he.... he.... I had the same experience with a car. : )

21 Wits said...

Joseph- Lucky you, as this whole week it's been this cold, with frost each night (not good for my tulips and etc) but they say warmth is coming?????

21 Wits said...

Sage, oddly enough many of those boats,especially the sailboats often get used far too little....I hope you get to see as much water as you desire! Happy sailing away...

21 Wits said...

Lisa, hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it gues what's playing in my head now! ;)

21 Wits said...

Oh no! It's Friday the 13th (yes I do believe more often) then I should, like now there were 13 comments and I had to change that number especially since today is Friday the 13th!