Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mag 116

Mag 116

This is my first post for The Mag 116.




Image:  River Irwell by R.A.D. Stainforth.


 
Surrender


There you are again
my dear old friend.
Spectacular and timely
like a grandfather clock
never withering from age.

Softly sung music
breaks the silence around me.
Not from woodland creatures
sending secrets across the sand.
Or crickets and frogs singing
and croaking
from some lost place.

Just music cascading again
as I long for your embrace around me
and
veils of purple smoke
hovering overhead.
Let me catch one more sunset
bouncing off tree tops.

Once again
the music roars
from lost feathered friends
finding their way home again.

While I chase my shadow
pretending it's you
in the distant meadow
that I'm chasing.
Along the river bend
my dear old friend.


Link to Magpie Tales
picture prompt
blog by Tess



24 comments:

Leovi said...

A wonderful poem with delightful poetic images.

darlin said...

Lovely post Karen, I also love your new header! I love this time of year when everything comes to life and becomes colorful... ahhh yes, to come home to spring will be magnificent! Cheers.

Susan Anderson said...

Nice job Karen and so much fun to see you participating! And yes, a pretty tame photo this week...

rel said...

Karen,
There is a magical sense that comes frome the shores of a placid river, especially at sunrise and sunset.
Nicelt said.
rel

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Lovely-
Makes me want to go 'round the bend......

Brian Miller said...

love that bit at the end on chasing the shadows, its playful...and the music roaring is an interesting choice as well...nice

Rek Sesh said...

A soft call to timeless moments and memories...I watched from the banks as your words floated gently along.

Jenny Woolf said...

Beautiful but rather melancholy....

Little Nell said...

A lovley lilt to it - my desr old friend. Makes one feel very comforted. I didn’t take part this week.

21 Wits said...

Little Nell, I noticed, and I missed Sepia Saturday, this week, as my time was limited! Spot on next week!

Susan Anderson said...

This lulls me like a lazy river.

*sigh*

=)

Other Mary said...

Such a melancholy piece - and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece....I didn't find it melancholy...more like "wistful. Guess that's the art of the thing...many possible interpretations. Vb

Tess Kincaid said...

Evocative and lovely...welcome to Magpie!

Lyn said...

"Pretending it's you"...You really caught the poignancy..a great sense of place!

kaykuala said...

Yearnings for someone dear can be exhausting but fun!

Hank

Just Two Chicks said...

Beautiful!

Jeff said...

Nice poem, but I'm a sucker for anything about rivers... I want to read some Reno stories! In my archives are more Virginia City stories.

21 Wits said...

Jeff - me too! Reno (well all of Nevada) has some of the prettiest country side ever! It's amazing what beauty is just around the corner waiting! I love taking people to Red Rock Canyon for their first visit. They are so amazed that it sits about half an hour from the beaming lights of Las Vegas!

Maggie said...

Welcome, and what a wonderful first magpie!

Tarang Sinha said...

Nice composition!:)

Carrie Van Horn said...

Love this!.....and you have a new follower! :-)

Helen said...

Took me a few days to make the Magpie rounds ... glad I had a chance to read your poem!!!