Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sepia Saturday - 25 August I do! I do!

SEPIA SATURDAY



I DO !  I DO !







Greetings from Sepia Saturday and the world of romance, courtly love, weddings and he loves me, he loves me not.



But wait, what's this man saying?  "Does anyone know where the bride is? Help, it's nearly time for.... I do! I do!"



The wedding march is about to begin.  Has anyone seen the bride?

 
My idea of the theme this week begins long before the vows take place.   You know all the fooling around and games they play with courtly love.   Yes indeed before marriage there's always a bit of planning, plotting, dreaming, scheming, wishing, daisy picking and etc.



As I was walking down the street one day
In Sepia Saturday land -
I heard a man ask.....
Does anybody really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?
Yes! It's time to think about
getting married.



Our first stop is with a couple throwing caution to the wind by eloping.  Often without telling their family or friends.

 
"I will catch you, I promise!  Just let me put this hammer down first!"
 
 
The courtship can be hard, especially when her parents believe there are better choices for a husband.





Sometimes, there are far too many single women.....

 
"No! You can't have him.  He's mine!"




 
 
He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not, he loves...
 
 
 
 
Then there are those poor sad heart-broken lovers that......
 
The caption reads, Translating a love letter from a Boston Girl-"Now does that mean 'yes' or 'no'?"
 
 
 "She said NO!"
 
 
 
 
 
 It's so heartbreaking when love is not returned.  Better to discover sooner than later, don't you think?
 
 
 
"Oh my dear won't you be mine?"
 
Surely, her thoughts are on another.
 
 
Who could she be dreaming of?
 
 
 
Perhaps, Mr. Tin man has stolen her heart.
 
 
 
 
As a very last resort for finding Mr. or Mrs. Right
one could ask, Cupid.
 
 
"What did you say?  Are you totally sure?  Just walk outside and he'll be there?"
 
 
 
 
 
....and so she walked outside and to her surprise.... 
 
 
"I wouldn't wear these knickers for anyone else but you! Oh my dear sweet Irish Rosie will you be mine forever?"
 
 
 
But of course she said yes. She's been dreaming of her very own wedding day since before she could speak!
 
 
It's not just about the couple and vows and the happily ever after, oh no.  It's also about all the trimmings and festivities leading up to I do! I do!
 
 
and
 yes
true love
 
 
 
and....
 
living happily ever after.
 
 
If you want to see other Sepia Saturday posts or post your own
why not
go here
 

16 comments:

D. Jean Quarles said...

Love your sepia Saturday photos. Especially the one of the eloping. Too cute.

Wendy said...

Some of these photos are hilarious -- the girls pulling each other's hair - what a hoot!

Peter said...

I love your story, from beginning to end. And you are right, when the 'I do, I do' is there, that is the end of era full of ..., well you know, no need to tell you.

sage said...

It's amazing how you find these photos and to end, after all the sepia tone photos, with the couple kissing in techno-color was classic. Well done.

21 Wits said...

Sage, thanks! Do you remember who the couple in the photo are? It was a perfect ending to a great love story, that happened in New York... Breakfast ....

Tattered and Lost said...

Such a wonderful melodrama with a perfect ending!

Kathy said...

What a fun Sepia Saturday post!

Jana Iverson Last said...

Very fun and creative Sepia Saturday post!

Anonymous said...

A very entertaining post, Karen, with some lovely pictures, particularly the final one :-) Jo

Queen Bee said...

Fun selection of photos and I enjoyed your witty comments along the way. Nice post!

Alan Burnett said...

You string the images together so well - like a string of fine beads.

Kathy Hart said...

I applaud your creativity - thanks!

Little Nell said...

These are so funny Karen, especially the girls fighting over the laundry! I love the captions you've provided too. As soon as I read the words at the top of the post I knew exactly what it was as I had/have the album by Chicago...now I'll be singing it all day long. Thanks for the memories!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Karen, you are so funny! I loved your choices and captions. I just learned a couple of weeks ago that my Mom's parents eloped. Don't know how that got by me for 50+ years, lol.

Thanks for making me laugh this morning.

Kathy M.

Bruno Laliberté said...

I'll avoid being my usual cynical self... and say what a lovely set of pictures you've gathered here. Truly, this amused me, and I'll leave before I say "but"...
Wouldn't want to rain on your parade!!
:)~
HUGZ

21 Wits said...

Ticklebear- I always enjoy your visits!