Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Centus He Leaves


WELCOME TO


SATURDAY CENTUS
 
 
Jenny, from "Off on my tangent" is still dreaming of autumn
for our centus today!
 
Not to exceed 109 words
First Person
Photos - any additional
 our prompt is- "The leaves crunched under my boots until they didn't."


 
 
 
 
I watched him leave never hearing a word I said.
I cried a thousand tears
as the leaves crunched under my boots until they didn't.




On our wedding day....

 
I groaned silently behind my wedding party and ignored their banter with a passing Viking fan.
 
 
 
 
I felt miserable knowing my fidgety nephews waited eagerly.
 
I noticed my dashing groom flash his hurry-up expression, but I had to find what was stuck in my shoe.
 
 
 
Like always, the best man was eager to console me.
 
Finally, I realized 
 
struggling with tears, but weeping more with joy knowing
 
it had always been our best man - 
that was my best man
forever.
 
 
Here is the link for you to view more Saturday Centus posts
or post your own
 

15 comments:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

现在很多地方都秋意浓浓了!

Dulcina said...

Brief and nice take on the prompt, Karen.
I also like your wedding pics. Thanks for sharing your memories.
Your best man forever consoling you, very nice.
:)

lissa said...

first I thought it was sad and then the second part is sweet. I sort of read as two different tale, still very sweet

have a great day.

anitamombanita said...

That was an interesting little spin you wove in there. Nicely done!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

kinda sad...but then a happy ending...nice story for your prompt this week...

Judie said...

Karen, leave it to you to come up with something like this. Great photos, too!

Thanks for the link, and I did see the Jeff Daniels clip--very powerful!!

xoxo

21 Wits said...

It is the most marvelous moment to realize who you are meant to be with! As so many sad romances go, they often know somethings not right, but often one of them just won't get it, and so they carry on, unhappily.....

noexcuses said...

Great take on the prompt. This one touched like a sword...through and through! Nicely done!

FilipBlog said...

Is it you in the blue wedding dress? Very daring and special.

Greetings,
Filip

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I was so glad for a happy ending. I love a happy ending. I love the way you wrote this - beginning with what appeared to be the end of something, and at the end, turning into a beginning. Your pictures were perfect too. laurie @ http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Well, that was certainly uplifting. (LOL?) (Hey, I know a little something about depression. For I'm a diehard Cowboys fan, and they're killing me again this season!)

Cloudia said...

fun twist



Have a lovely week-
Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

darlin said...

Fantastic twist, I love this! Well done Karen, very well done!

Unknown said...

Such lovely photos...so much written yet I wonder...what a great twist you have there in the end. Left me wondering....nice centus!!Mine is here
Have you a ROCKING AND BLESSED WEEK!!!
hugs
shakira

Jenny said...

This was really cute!

Quite a different take on the prompt.