Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Saturday Centus - I Finally Understand-

Welcome to another addition of

SATURDAY CENTUS 

Has our sweet Jenny finally snagged a deer?  Our prompt is 
"I finally understand the phrase 'a deer in the headlights' "
Up to 110 words- any style writing and any number of photos.


I begin with our 10 word prompt!


"I finally understand the phrase 'a deer in the headlights"




Bumper Clinger


Saturday I picked-up a clinger, one who slows or speeds-up but still clinging! 

If only my tailpipe could suck them up.  

Squirming in my seat I adjust my mirror to avoid their blinding lights; 





while also watching for any deer to pop out of nowhere.  Deer out number residents and evening driving is brutal. 







Back off buddy!


My blood begins to boil.





Sometimes touching your brakes they’ll back off, but who knows what personality type is glued to my bumper.  



Nearing my driveway I notice a deer carcass smack in the center of my lane.



In all my life I’ve never hit a deer! Not even a dead deer.





To be continued........




Moral to the story for this dear, deer and all his family and friends?  Stay in the woods!


If you want to view more Saturday Centus posts- or bring your own to Saturday Centus please go here

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2012/11/saturday-centus-i-finally-understood.html

10 comments:

Cloudia said...

stay in da woods, Bambi!
I hit an owl one night on the Big Island - ancestral god to some families....I moved to Oahu after that....


Have a Sweet Week -
Warm Aloha to YOU
from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

~ > < } } ( ° >

Dreaming said...

Are you sure you weren't me, writing that story? I had a similar run-in a few years ago - it wasn't fun!

Gail said...

Just last week a vehicle hit a deer and the deer flew into another vehicle causing that vehicle to wreck. Two people were killed.

Need to keep those eyes scanning for deer.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

As a motorcycle rider...I've ridden around a lot of corners at night fearing to see a dear standing in front of me.

Worse than a dent fender when you're on two wheels.

argh

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

*run*bambi*run!
i always wonder why they seem to hang out so close to the roadway at night.
do they need the extra light to see? do they like the sound of cars? do they like to play 'chicken'?

as much as i hate driving at night...it makes for even more tense driving, having to watch for deer on the shoulder!

i hope your to be continued has a happy ending...although the deer in the middle of the road didn't have a very happy ending! =(

Pearl said...

Living in MN, I am always on "deer patrol"!

Pearl

Unknown said...

There are no deers where I live (anymore), but I've got some relatives living just over the border in Germany and over there it is quite common to have a collision with a deer (unfortunately).

darlin said...

We have tons of deer living in our neck of the woods, we don't see them much in the city but at the farm there's tons of them. Thankfully I've never hit a deer and I plan to keep it that way if I can help it!

Take care and those types of drivers also irritate me.

Have a wonderful weekend Karen!

Jenny said...

I love this visual!

The tailpipe sucking them up!

Absolutely brilliant!

I've never hit a deer either...but once...

sniff

once...

I hit a squirrel...

and once...

sniff

once...

I hit a bird but it got stuck in my grill and was flapping and...

Okay.

Well, you get the idea.

Avoid confrontations with animals on the road and don't let anyone suck you up their exhaust pipes!

Unknown said...

I like this a lot. Thank you for sharing. I'm always looking for upcycles like this. In the end, you don't know it was a shipping pallet to begin with!
FRIV 2 | Juegos Friv | Friv 2 Planet | Play Friv 2 Games
Juegos Friv - Colección de Juegosfrivas
Kizi | Daily Games | Play Kizi 2 Online