THE NOW.

THE NOW.
Cannon River in Minnesota

Monday, June 17, 2013

Saturday Centus (Sunday edition)

Best daddy response ever, "I asked my daddy one day, when did you feel all grown-up?"
Smiling he said, "I haven't yet!"


Jenny from "Off on my tangent" is trying something new, on the suggestion from one of us.  Sounds like a blast to me. 

SATURDAY CENTUS

Jenny's rules this week-
You don't have to use the word Father.  You can use Poppa, Dad, Daddy or whatever you call(ed) the Father figure in your own life.
 
The prompt this week:   An acrostic poem as described above

Number of words:  No more than 100 total
Style of writing: Any
Additional Pictures: Any
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
True Story
 
 
Down right sad I was
after spending the morning in
dozens of shops
did I ever guess
you had another little girl in mind?
 
 
Did you know
after our beautiful day together
darn it that I cried myself to sleep?
 
Finally many years later
after I confessed my sadness
that day you said you were shopping for another little girl
Ha! Ha! Jokes on me.
Even now I have to laugh.
Really you were shopping for me!
 
 
Thank goodness for those little lessons we learn along the way life. 
 
 
 
 
I really miss those days.
 
 
 
Thank you for stopping by and for other
Saturday Centus posts
go here
 
 

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so sweet.

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Very well done! (That is, except for having something for Saturday on Sunday. Sigh.)

Cloudia said...

You Are sweet! :-)


Aloha

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh what a bitter sweet little story!

Titania said...

Beautifully, tender pictures and the lessons life teaches in many ways.

Sue said...

Lovely and sweet Centus. I missed this one!

=)