Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday Centus - 27 July 2013 "Banking" on Love

"I just realized my lips are inside out.  They should be turned inwards because I spend most of my time talking to myself." - Jarod Kintz



SATURDAY CENTUS



Yes, as a matter of fact, this truly is Saturday Centus.

The rules are set by Jenny, from Off on my tangent, blog (our mission, with or without a spaceship is to complete this task)

Besides no spitting please, her rules are-

The prompt this week:  'Ground control to Major Tom'

Number of words:  No more than 107 total (including the 5 words of the prompt)
Style of writing: Romance (yeah, I know...the heat is getting to me!  You can listen to the song on You-tube (link on prompt) for romantic inspiration - MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
Additional Pictures: Any



Ground control to Major Tom
 

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
 
Tom?
 
Nervously I watch,
straining forward to hear you.
My heart drones a most slumberous song
without you
I'd lose my appetite
for love.
There won't be enough protein pills to survive
losing you.
Your heavy motor purring like an alley cat,
drowns everything out.
 
Commencing countdown
now
engines all around
buzzed idly
yet
I only hear
the
tick-tocking
of my heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Your finger down the wire
nervously, I sing relentlessly
 
Ground control to Major Tom
can you hear me?
 
Ready set go
"CHECK ignition"
pours from your window
meticulously I catch
your
last words
 
 
all covered in dust.
 
Moments before
Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five,
 four, three, two, one, lift off!
 
See you
 
at
 
 the
 
finish line!
 
 
 
 
 
 
To view other Saturday Centus Major Tom dilemmas just go here
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was cute. I enjoyed the unexpected final picture.

Cloudia said...

Karen! Wow



Aloha

Tgoette said...

I hear you, I hear you! LOL! Sorry, couldn't help it. Wonderful and entertaining read, Karen!

21 Wits said...

Tgoette, I know it's so catchy!