Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Mag - 6 July 2014

What your mind knows, your eyes can't always see.




Tess Kincaid has delivered a fire-cracking photograph for our prompt this round. 



SAM THE CAT

Young Gideon I'll be damned.
You always had a cozy way 
of cradling a cat
even a stray.

It's senseless to read your mood
your shuttered eyes of black shields 
shares my reflection -
And yet
Exposes you not.
How rude!

Your head's somewhere else!
It's always that way-
With you.
I'm dumbfounded. All clammed up.
Your wide open stare 
screams a peculiar stiffness.

And yet
I long for your breath
On the back of my neck.
It's madness
I know.

I care for you-
Beyond the depths
Of friend or foe.
Snappy synopsis -
You dig me too
I know.
As for you, Sam the Cat- 
Scram for now!  
Gideon is all mine -
for now.


12 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Very fine, Karen.
~

TexWisGirl said...

playful and mysterious. :)

DeniseinVA said...

Brilliant! Love the poem and I also wanted to thank you for my birthday greetings. Have a great week karen :)

Berowne said...

Cleverrrrrrr.

Truedessa said...

I really enjoyed reading this creative poem.

Tess Kincaid said...

Love the playful romantic feel...

Cloudia said...

especially nice resolution




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= <3

EG CameraGirl said...

Love how you ended this!

Helena said...

Enjoyable and clever write! Here's hoping Sam gave you enough time with Gideon.......!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Simply delightful!

Eddie Bluelights said...

Nicely done , , , but watch him!! Hes's a rotter!! . . . lol . . Eddie :)

Clouds and Silvery Linings

Kutamun said...

He dwells faithfully beside the bed in hotel rooms all around the world ! ...you are passionate about him ....va va voom