Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Six Word Saturday - 20 September 2014

A horse of another color, of course.

My intention for this post, on this balmy, over cast morning- is strictly to be funny!

I'm feeling the mood for grooving on the humorous side of life this morning. Must work on my "upbeat conversation mode" in preparation for our annual Midwest Federal Savings and Loan Reunion Luncheon, which begins at noon today.

SIX WORD SATUDAY




WILL THE LIVE HORSES 
PLEASE SPEAK



Iron horses and cactus
Sedona, Arizona

"Flaming enthusiasm backed up by horse sense and persistence is the quality that most frequently makes for success." - Dale Carnegie




"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W.C. Fields



"Please, Percy....change your clothes.  You smell like you've been run over by an electric horse." - Rick Riordan


Antiques and collectibles
Arizona


"It is not good to swap horses while crossing the river." - Abraham Lincoln


"I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse." - Ronald Reagan



"Thank you horseradish, for being neither a radish nor a horse.  What you are is a liar food." - Jimmy Fallon



To see what other people are up to today go here.

17 comments:

restlessjo said...

Definitely fun quotes, Karen! :) And those iron horses are lovely. Hope your meeting goes well.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

wc fields was a wise man

TexWisGirl said...

liar food. :)

Roan said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle. Love the quotes and the pics!

retired not tired said...

Thank you for the morning laugh!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Great quotes and photos; nice research! Loved the iron sculptures.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W.C. Fields
----------

That's so perfect!
~

Anonymous said...

I liked the WC Fields' quote the best.

DeniseinVA said...

Love the quotes and those marvelous photos Karen.

Jim said...

Liked your quotes, Karen. First was the most appropriate. My favorite horse quote is "Never look a gift horse in the mouth."

My vote on the pictures is the second, sooo life like.

Best wishes with the luncheon (it'll be over by the time you read this). My lunch today was BBQ ribs, au gratin potatoes, creamed spinach, potato salad, onion soup, and lemon pudding. All here in rehab with Mrs. Jim. She started recovery from a hip fracture followed by a partial hip replacement.
..
See why I'm mostly absent at the Toads?
..

Unknown said...

Riding a horse is on my (long term) todo list, or bucket list as Americans like to say. It has been a wish of mine since childhood.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Huh! I missed those horses when I was in Sedona in June.

My Six Words

Cloudia said...

ooo that shiny rocking horse will live in my mind's eye! Fun post



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

Helma said...

It is nice to occasionally be funny:-)))))
I like your iron horses really nice to see.
Nice topic:-)

Alex Daw said...

Yep - I'm with the rest of them - I love the W C Fields quote - never heard it before - it's great. Love the pix - especially the sculpture of Abraham Lincoln which is just fabulous - it's a kind of candid statue - if such a thing exists.

Hootin Anni said...

I love Jimmy Fallon!!!! That 'liar food' is rich. LOL

I lived in Tucson for nearly a decade, and went to Sedona many times...never saw these iron horses....but of course an iron horse is a train...so maybe I was looking for the wrong thing all along.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Hi Great quotes and shots to go with them. I have now safely arrived back from 6 weeks away so have LOTS of editing to do!! Thanks for looking in on my posts while I was away and commenting. I appreciate that very much.