Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Things We Miss

How many times have you been somewhere and later realized, I never saw that?





San Francisco, California




Little did I know at the time I was shooting these pictures, but a little Robin was following me around.




Things we miss, are often times the very things, folks put out on display.  Just for us to see.



But sometimes those wagon wheels-


leaning against a building go, unnoticed.



Unless of course, you're making it your mission to uncover wagon wheels.

Bet you wouldn't, shouldn't or couldn't miss this wagon wheel fence.



But good luck spotting the wagon wheel in this photo below.


Closer look?












Moving in for a closer look.




and last but certainly not least



Walking through an alley between houses in Minneapolis I caught sight of a strange thing to spot in someone's backyard.  What do we have hiding behind these shrubs?


"The truth of the story lies in the details." 
Paul Auster

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I think it happens to most of us most of the time, Karen. I think taking photos helps me a little to focus on what's out there, but I still miss a lot.

Debbie said...

I think that beautiful statue would be hard to miss but I get the main point. we do a lot of research before we visit an area, to hopefully learn about the must see's and the don't bother's!!! but it happens to everyone. it's just a great excuse to go back and re-visit!!!

beautiful gardens!!!!

TexWisGirl said...

LOVE the fences! and the phone booth is too cute!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

can't overlook either the big picture or the detail. (says Kilroy)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Hello! Nice pics.

We lost our internet on the mountain a couple days ago, and I'm a bit behind on me bloggin'.
~

Jeanie said...

You bring up an excellent point -- and they are marvelous photos, Karen! Thanks for your recent Gypsy visit! Love to see you there!

21 Wits said...

Oh that's too bad I hate it when that happens! Good luck! Enjoy your weekend out and about!

Unknown said...

Nice wagon wheel fence! (and beautiful statue of Diana).