Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Tales of Everyday Life

This is how we mostly live/survive, from about mid December through March.


So, the way it goes while scavenging for pictures and it's too cold to turn on many of your devices, you let yourself linger inside your vehicle shooting through dirty windshields.

But, you hate nearly every shot.

So you delete, and delete some more.  Perhaps saving a few you know you'll never share, but you're transfixed within the view of it.



Sometimes the sun shines beyond your window, but the wind is in full force, begging you to play, yet you know better.


For my Scavenger Hunt Sunday post my archives shall mostly be my horse today.



SOFT



From the soft curve of her back, you are not the only viewer who thought to stop and take a picture.




EARLY

As wise as an owl, I am.


For this early morning capture, before their shadows disappear with the fleeting sun, and my phone shuts off in a frozen moment.


TOP

To explain, I asked three little ones, two aged 5 and one aged 6 to draw a picture on President's Day.
This is from Danny, age six drawing and writing to George Washington.



TOP of His Class this day!





SELFIE




SELFIES







A DREADED TASK



Ah yes, this is the creation of one, incredibly talented man, but for the average person, a much dreaded task to duplicate. 
(the artist, David Cook read about here)
You'll see what other twisting he does with his creative hands.

Linking to Scavenger Hunt Sunday

27 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

too cold for devices. brrr... you did well in getting it put together. :)

Anonymous said...

Your selfie is very fun and creative! I like your owl set. I've been getting into owls... I just bought a nice, 5$ owl dish towel set from Wal-Mart the other week, and I'm loving it so far.
Have a great day, and I like the lighting in your dreaded task shot. The colors are great!

eileeninmd said...

Happy March! I love the cute owls and shadows! Congrats to Danny for being top of his class! Cute selfies too. Enjoy your Sunday and the week ahead!

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely bunch of photos Karen. Enjoyed them all, thank you for the smiles :)

Filip and Kristel said...

Special art. Very good shots.

Greetings,
Filip

Anonymous said...

Cold or not, dirty windows or not, you always do well. I enjoy all of it!

Pieni Lintu said...

I love your selfie shots!

RedPat said...

It is the same kind of weather here. I have been doing the 'quick, roll the window down & take a pic' thing for the last while too.

Cloudia said...

your selfie touched my heart - but then you always do <3




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Tamar SB said...

These are all so creative!
Love selfie and soft - great set all around.

Debbie said...

Winter can be tough for us photog girls, but we are always determined and often inspired!! You did good, I love the selfie/selfies!!

sage said...

Spring is coming... the cherries are already blooming here!

orchid0324 said...

Dearet Karen; Oh, Congratulations on Danny's work being top of the class, how wonderful♪
Cute selfie pictures and the owls with shadows are wonderful♡♡♡ They are the luck bringing animals in Japan.
Have a wonderful new week, Dear friend.

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I hiked to beach for five hours yesterday. 85 degrees. Got burned to a crisp. Just saying -Killroy

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

We had snow, sleet, and freezing rain all day yesterday.

But today is almost 40, HURRAH!
~

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Well hey, you got some good shots! I like the owls.

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Creative as ever. We expect no less!

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to more photography time and better weather too. Love the cute owls.

The Silver Fox said...

Great photos!

Pauline said...

Love your selfies. It's pretty hard to get original shots like that.

Carola Bartz said...

I would be so tired of the cold by now... and even too cold for any devices.
I like those owls, they are too cute. I also love your selfie although I first thought you're being eaten by a boa constrictor (my daughter's favorite poem during her first few school years).

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

snow...freezing temps...but you managed to put together another fine post with great pic's!! stay warm...spring is on the way (even though it doesn't feel like it...)
happy tuesday!

Cranberry Morning said...

Fun photos! I think that we in this climate will appreciate spring SO much when it finally arrives, sometime in April!

EG CameraGirl said...

Yep, it has been very cold here too.You did very well to put this collection together. I think spring is going to be much appreciated this year.

Saucy Siciliana said...

Very nice pictures!

humbird said...

Love the pics, it's so cold when wind in power....but, ha, March is here, last weeks, hopefully... So talented artist behind the 'dreaded task'! Thanks for sharing, Karen! Gratitude for your kind comments on my blog! x

Rose said...

NOt only is the cold too much for devices, it is too cold for this grandma!