Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Long Distance-


Long Distance Call to Heaven
For some of Us.

For Father's Day 

Everyone Else, 
Call Your Father
Or, if you can
Make him dinner.

THE MAG




Image by Sarolta Ban





The Times They Are A Changing




LETTER TO HEAVEN

My sweet
Pappa, Was A Rollin' Stone
before he married Mama and became Superman/daddy
Without a doubt and all alone,

The Greatest Man I ever Knew-
(I can still say that)

Daddy, you always stood tall in my life from the very beginning,

You pushed me to pursue,
the daughter ship
while you were my captain.

Papa Don't preach-
 (that was mama's job)
You always, let me fall on my face- just a bit. 
 You, always slightly out of reach!
Just for the sake of enlightenment!
Isn't She Lovely!
Daddy's Little Girl

Until, finally came my wedding day!

There Goes My Life
She's Leaving Home
Dance With My Daughter.
Once more before she says I do!

Sometimes you can't make it on your own-
but some how you do.  
You just keep on, keeping on,
 until you get it right, daughter.

All those late night talks, 
the time you tried to be so strong, and to hide your tears
and in the end, our miles of searching paid off
and we found our beloved lost dog, Mickey.

All those glorious, adventure filled miles, 
(mama cried) long family rides across the country, 
or just up north.
Okay, a few stubborn moments upon my teenage years,
 yet long passed by now.
Then there was the one time, oh so many years
ago, I nearly fell out of the car.
But your arm reached miraculously across the seat
My Superman.  My Daddy. 
I'll never forget.
Family gatherings and fishing stories
 I'll always remember, daddy.




I Learned From You.
Thank you, daddy.




I miss you every single day-
and I see bits and pieces of you in my children and in their children-
that's just one way we keep you close.




Here, let me adjust your boutonniere daddy,
 it's almost time for you to give me away.  




10 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Sweet poems and a very nice photos, Karen!
I loved the last photo.
Have a Wonderful Day!
Peace :)

TexWisGirl said...

so sweet, karen. :)

Cloudia said...

Honey you deeply touched my heart with the perfect words to a great father. Bless you both (and mama too.)





ALOHA
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Elephant's Child said...

Leaky eyes here.

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, Karen. Sweet poem and post for Daddy's Day. Enjoy your day!

Other Mary said...

Awww...my dad was a superman too, and now in Heaven. This is lovely and heart warming. :o) And thanks for the welcome back! I missed you too, and I'm glad I got back in tim to read this one!

Cranberry Morning said...

What a touching poem. We are so blessed to have had wonderful relationships with such good fathers. This was lovely.

Kutamun said...

A fitting tribute to The Old Man ....

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I miss my father too and you made me think of him.:^) I liked your use of the songs and your pics you're so clever girl! Do you own that superman manikin I need to borrow it? Lol!

DougPhoto2009 said...

Karen, a great post for Father's Day. Thanks for sharing.