Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Not Just Another Day

Greetings!




From the Enchanted Highway
Regent, North Dakota
The Tin Family


"The great art of giving consists in this
 the gift should cost very little 
and yet be greatly coveted,
so that it may be the more
highly appreciated."
Baltasar Gracian



Pheasants on the Prairie
also on the
Enchanted Highway

"The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure."
Dale Carnegie



Not Just Another Day
but rather
a hodgepodge of photos.


from Alabama

I pulled a book off one of my "Odd shelves" or collection of

 "hodgepodge of books"

and interestingly enough this very book
is on my shelf



has a chapter devoted to,
 my shelf of odd or mixed topic books.
The author, Anne Fadiman says this,


"It has long been my belief that everyone's library contains an 
Odd Shelf. On this shelf rests a small, mysterious corpus of volumes whose subject matter is completely unrelated to the rest of the library, yet which, upon closer inspection, revels a good deal about its owner."






"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly,
but rarely admit the changes 
it has gone through to achieve that beauty."
Maya Angelou



Alabama

"Some people could look at a mud puddle 
and see an ocean with ships."
Zora Neale Hurston



Or take pots and pans-
they can achieve so much more than cooking!




Taft, Tennessee





My backyard

Caught you Misty!



We took a walk through my oldest son's neighborhood last night,
 and what fun we had finding
Halloween decorations waiting to be noticed!


This monster or ghost hiding in a bush was one of my favorites!


See Emmie checking out the decorations too?



Walk together.
Feel the heart beats.
Experience the presence.
This is how to be thankful.
Amit Ray

Thanks for stopping by and
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
and may next week be filled with joy and happiness!

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

some cool yards... some neat 'highway' art! and you and your eclectic spirit. :)

Cloudia said...

Your uniqueness is a real blessing, Karen!

Elephant's Child said...

Quirky fun is always welcome.
I am pretty certain that our library has more than one 'odd shelf'. Which is fine.

Gail said...

I loved this post! I hope I am always able to see the ocean in a mud puddle.

I have a spot on my bookshelf like that too. The odd ones. The special ones I revisit now and then.

Great art, wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

I know Halloween is special to you. A great time of year.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Love those pheasants

kaykuala said...

but rarely admit the changes
it has gone through to achieve that beauty

One wonders how someone so ordinary can be blessed with good looks and abundant wealth. Not realizing the struggles and pitfalls they had gone through achieving them.

Hank

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Those pheasants are really neat!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the cool highway scenes, neat statues. Always fun times with the kiddies, great collection of photos.

Happy Monday, have a great week!

Filip and Kristel said...

Wow, these statues in the fields. Special

Greetings,
Filip

RedPat said...

I love the pheasant family!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Emmie is so sweet 😊 You guys do Halloween in a much bigger way than we do Karen, my daughter Aimee is just hoping she doesn't get any scary clowns knocking on her door ☺

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Well now I never thought of hanging pots and pans out in the yard...if I never had to cook again, I just might! I do indeed have a shelf of really off topic books! Have a wonderful weekend!

Debbie said...

very nice roadway art!!! and you have some very enthusiastic halloween decorators in your sons area!!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great post - love the sculptures the most. Creativity is just grand.