Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Friday, July 21, 2017

Knobs and Dials - Thematic Photographic

Welcome to another

post 
our theme is 
Knobs and Dials


"I like stepping into the future.
Therefore, I look for doorknobs."
Marc Rosen
Minnesota Sportscaster



If this were the 60's or possibly the 70's okay maybe the 80's and 90's
we'd have so many more objects with knobs and dials to post.



"Nothing is stable. Nothing absolute. All is fluid and changeable.
There is an endless becoming."
Benjamin N. Cardozo




Remember how much fun it was to flip the dial
 for your favorite radio station?
When you were fourteen!


"Method is much, technique is much, but inspiration is even more."
Benjamin N. Cardozo




What's for dinner?




My vintage Brownie
"Sometimes, you'll never know the true value of a moment
until it becomes a memory."


Below is the major control panel of my car!
It's a touch screen too!
Yep, no knobs or dials here either.


One draw back to a knob free world,
Be very careful with the new touch system.
Even my dog has accidentally changed things.








Meet Alexa, this may be silly 
but I feel like she's our newest member of the family!

Absolutely no knobs or dials needed at all.
She responds to your voice. Any voice, 
just as long as you say, "Alexa" before you request anything.


"Leave the door open for the unknown,

the door into the dark.
That's where the most important things come from,
ad where you will go."
Rebecca Solnit




"Passion will make you crazy, but is there any other way to live?"

Howard Hughes



Thank you for sharing time to stop by.
Enjoy your weekend!
Take good care of you.

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

There are still nobs and dials in this dinosaur's cave.
Loved wandering with you, and have to ask, what can Alexa do?

Bob Scotney said...

Great Brownie. Touch screens and track pads are a nightmare for me - they always do things I don't expect. If I had Alexa as well 'she' would learn a swear word or two.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love all the knobs and dials. The first quote is great. The vintage Brownie is cool. I do like all the new techie stuff. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Cloudia said...

Have a happy day my dear!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

J'adore your old Brownie Karen, I have one also.. imagine the days when it was 'just the thing!' :) Lot's of knobs and dials here still but no Alexa's.. I feel I should, could you tell me more :) :)

Debbie said...

fun, fun fun...i "may" have a small addition to the knobs in pier one!!! i got the boys alexia for christmas!!!

RedPat said...

I'm off to google Alexa!

Revrunner said...

Boy! Have we come a long way since the Brownie box camera.