Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Monday, November 20, 2017

Working Weekend

Working weekends go like this.
Be a worthy, kind worker, but also, be a dreamer and a believer.



No my day doesn't consist of ballet moves but, on Sunday my Fitbit clocked just short of 25,000 steps (just at work) and it isn't even Black Friday yet!


Chilling out by the pond. Oh I wish I could!


Sometimes my thoughts trail off to places I've been or wish I could visit soon, or maybe, did I turn the water hose off? It's one of those automatic things we do.


Okay then out of the blue you smell someone's coffee and naturally it sets off all kinds of senses for me.

Does your tummy spontaneously put notions in your head that it's time for dinner?

How about a bowl of chili? All those tasty spices, and speaking of spices, 
have you ever heard of the Mistress of Spices? If not, you should check her out.

"Each day has a color, a smell." Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni 




It's always good to make food ahead and just toss a salad together!


ART Happens.

Of course there are projects sitting and waiting until there's time for them.
Below are the last of my Halloween decorations. It always seems that they don't have enough viewing time.  


Mr. Gnome staying, he's a permanent decorating fixture!

Smelling of things to come. Paint. Glue. Fresh cut wood. All scents telling me that crafting is here!



These are things left on hold. So many pieces of art in need of paint, and finishing. When is my next day off?





I'd be lying if I said this is my backyard today, when it's actually November 19th, but in 2015, or was it 2016? I actually still had live plants in November!


"Fenugreek, Tuesday's spice when the air is green like mosses after the rain." CBD The Mistress of Spices. Take a moment, can you smell a musty dampness, or wet dirt, but much more unique than just plain dirt?

Gnomes again


Consult your memory so you know what matters most in your life.
 Amit Kalantri


Oh and yes of course, once I return from work, I'll notice the neighbors have been busy, hanging lights getting ready for Christmas cheer!
But what's that I hear? Gobble, Gobble, Gobble says a random turkey crossing the road.


Actually this photo is from Bentleyville "Tour of Lights" in Duluth, and that's me on the left. My daughter took this photo while we were all there celebrating her birthday a couple years ago.



There's my birthday daughter, eyeing the cheesecake her Mommy (that's me) made for her, and delivered by her older brother!

"A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life." Amit Kalantri Wealth of Words


Open yourself to the sight of where you are.  Take everything in.


"Each desire in the world is different. as is each love." CBD


Thanks for stopping in to say hello. Hoping your week is filled with love, happiness and some delicious Thanksgiving delights whatever they may be.

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you must do a lot of walking at work, that is a lot of steps.

Cheesecake for a birthday cake sounds yummy to me, you are a good mommy. Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving. Have a happy day and week ahead.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

We love gnomes -Kilroy

Cloudia said...

You are never bored or boring my dear, K!

Revrunner said...

25,000! I'm impressed. :-)

RedPat said...

I hope you get a chance to relax this week, Karen!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I enjoyed following your trail of thoughts very much Karen and than thanks for the tip re The Mistress of Spices looks fantastic, will watch right now ☺

Debbie said...

WoW!! Karen, that's a lot of steps, good for you!! Your blog posts are always a lot of fun!! Happy 🦃 day!!

Suburban Girl said...

THat's a lot of steps! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

sage said...

Wow, you are putting in the miles at work! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't double your steps on Black Friday!

Little Nell said...

A delight for the senses! Now I feel hungry - curry tonight I think.