Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Windows Awake




From windows decorated for
 Letters to Santa
and
  a few more windows spring to life.

Welcome to inside windows.
for 
SATURDAY'S CRITTERS

and

SEPIA SATURDAY
Featuring two dogs and a boy on a bicycle.



Animals are like angels they lift us up 
when we're feeling down.



The whole purpose of my post today is actually twofold. First I needed a post for Sepia Saturday while combining my love for window views.  Second arrived while grocery shopping yesterday.  I'm sure at one time or another you've all experienced the great adventure of uncovering something new instead of the same old food day after day right? How adventurous we are can make all the difference in an excitingly delicious new entree! 

First a few window peeking photos.


"Set wide the window. Let me drink the day."
Edith Wharton




Who doesn't want a good bargain?




Driving a streetcar is 
an uplifting life of looking out the window.




Back in the day it was a one stop shopping experience 
where you could buy clothes and firearms.

"If frogs had side pockets
they'd carry handguns."
Dan Rather

Window shopping is much like reading poetry.When we look into a window
we don't always see the same thing.


"Our task must be to free ourselves.
By widening our circle of compassion 
to embrace all living creatures
and the whole of nature in its beauty."
Albert Einstein





Style is a simple way of saying
complicated things.
Jean Cocteau



Something has their attention,
as all eyes twinkled with merriment.
Words of thought
eyes wide.
Don't you wish there was more importance 
(and shared experiences)
with window shopping again?

And secondly-




Believe it or not, these boys are 



looking into a butcher's shop window.

Yes you read it correctly live poultry.
and
I bring this to your attention because I stumbled across something I'd never seen in my grocery store before.  



Chicken Paws.



Chicken Paws. AKA chicken feet. Yep, and of course I had to Google all the benefits and what recipes one could dream up for chicken paws. Lots. Seriously.
Nothing gets wasted on the farm.
The feet of chicken are actually quite healthy. 
Why would you eat chicken feet some of you may be wondering? Simply because our body requires lots of vitamins, trace minerals, collagen and calcium. 
Okay enough about chicken paws, but if you care to share something you know about them please share it with us.


I'll leave you with two very different interesting window views. 

Image result for images window shopping library of congress and dogs

The lady desires an exotic taste in pets on a leash wouldn't you agree?




Although the gent in the hat appears to be spying
on the ladies
he's probably just evaluating.
At any rate it
seems there's something exciting going 
on outside this store window!

15 comments:

Sandi said...

I am a bleeding heart today...

A cheetah doesn't belong on a leash!

The turkey in the window photo is somehow one of the most barbaric things I've ever seen and I am not even a vegetarian.

And...

"If frogs had side pockets
they'd carry handguns."
Dan Rather

What on Earth could that mean?

Nice old photos of a simpler time. Well, in comparison!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I enjoyed this series of window photos. I could never ride a bike holding onto two dogs. That is amazing to me, the dogs would have me falling over. The Dan Rather quote is a bit odd. I like the Albert Einstein quote on living creatures. I never saw live poultry in a butcher shop. Chicken Paws, no way! The lady with the Cheetah also, has an animal wrapped around her neck?
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I also appreciate your nice comment and visit. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Chicken paws...actually something I didn't need to see today

-Kilroy

A Colorful World said...

Great vintage photos! That cheetah on a leash...I wonder how long it took her to realize this was not the best choice of pet! And the man in the last shot looks almost angry! :-)

Little Nell said...

The ease with which guns can be purchased in the States is high in the news at the moment I think. Let’s turn to something a little lighter; I’m in awe of anyone who can a) rideva bike and b) rideva bike whilst holding on to the leash of one dog, let alone two!

Cloudia said...

FABULOUS POST! A Chinese guy I was eating chicken feet with in a dim sum restaurant in Honolulu told me to think of it as tiny barbecue. You WILL impress Chinese folks if you ask for it!

La Nightingail said...

Some interesting and fun photos here - but I'm another who'd rather not think about trying to incorporate chicken feet in a recipe - good health benefits or no! Yuk.

Mike Brubaker said...

Very funny! My regular supermarket often carries unusual animal parts in the meat department as they cater to Central American patrons. Packages of pig's feet are often near chicken feet, but they aren't advertised as pigs paws, but sometimes as "trotters".

Molly's Canopy said...

Some excellent window photos here. AndI had to laugh at the chicken paws photo. We kept chickens when I was a kid, and one Halloween I asked my parents if I could use two chicken paws as hands for a scary costume. They diplomatically talked me out of it :-)

Sandra Williamson said...

Chicken paws - never heard of that mixing images bird plus cats. I've seen people eat chicken feet before, they often appear on Chinese restaurant menus and I understand they are a delicacy. I've never had the courage to try them but I'm told they are very tasty

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

The idea of chicken paws being a better name than chicken feet is hilarious. What...some marketing genius figured paws would sell better than feet? Could you compare the term rocky mountain oysters (testicle)) or sweet breads (thymus) or giblets (gizzard,heart and neck)...the Chinese sometimes refer to chicken feet as Phoenix Claws.

tony said...

I used to go out and eat with a Chinese friend in Manchester.
She told me that Chicken Feet are the Chinese's favorite part of the beast.
Which,in turn,made me imagine millions of chickens hopping around that country without their footwear .
Put me off my meal at bit!

Wendy said...

Never heard of chicken feet referred to as PAWS. The chefs on "Chopped" often get "chicken paws" in their mystery baskets. Other than not being a great cook, that's another reason I'm not a contestant on the Food Network.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

A window for all tastes here Karen, j'adore black and white images ✨

Alex Daw said...

Some great photos here Karen - I am intrigued by the lady's raincoat in the one near the style quote. You don't see raincoats like that anymore me thinks.