Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Still Looking for a Leprechaun

Happy St. Patrick's Day 

May you always have 
a sunbeam to warm you,
Good luck to charm you
and a sheltering angel
So nothing can harm you.
Laughter to cheer you.

and
Welcome to
and



Some birds aren't meant to be caged
or even fly.
They're meant to be enjoyed.


From Murdo 1880 Town, South Dakota

You can judge a man's true character by
the way he treats his fellow animals.
Paul McCartney

Animals are born who they are
accept it, and that is that.  They
live with greater peace than people do.
Gregory Maguire





Misty I hope you didn't catch a Leprechaun.



Just be who you are and say what you feel,
 but always listen more than you speak.


One of us remembered to wear green hair!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's
better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring!
Marilyn Monroe




SEPIA SATURDAY


I'm very curious about the story behind this week's
 theme photo with young lads 
walking in the rain at night 
with a Vancouver Policeman.

As you'll see next I'm going a wee bit off Sepia Saturday's main theme.
and I know a few people who will find this story refreshingly delicious!

I have to share this incredible story today for those of you that might 
 be making toasts with a glass of Guinness for St. Patrick's Day.
It's one you'll likely never forget.

This  St. Patrick's Day story retold by Peter Moloney is

A true tale of 8 sailors saved by Guinness.
Seriously.
This story begins from October 12, 1917 and the link's opening photo is from June 1955, on a quayside in Dublin with workers rolling potentially lifesaving barrels of Guinness
the link to this story here.
Ireland's famous stout was cause for a true celebration, it saved lives.

Who would have thought beer barrels had such a life saving fight in them?

How about some
Children and Parents enjoy a St. Patrick's Day parade!



Children everywhere are asking.
Leprechaun, oh Leprechaun where can you be?




Many of you are experiencing real spring, 
while Minnesota is dragging a bit behind.
But in my search for open water,
 There are places without ice. 


Today in Hastings 
no waiting for a park bench today!


Surprisingly, I had to wait to shoot this without walkers and their dogs! So many pups out today, it was wonderful.



Thanks for sharing your time and comments 
take good care of you.

14 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that the barrels of stout were lifesavers. Myself I think all beer is poison.
Love your critters, and the chilly beauty on display.

Jofeath said...

I had a celebratory pint of Guinness last night at our local, together with a so-called beef and Guinness pie which unfortunately looked a lot better than it tasted. I wonder if the stout was still drinkable after its sea travel?

Wendy said...

I'm not a beer drinker, but I will gladly add Guinness to the batter when I make Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. If you think Minnesota is behind getting its Spring on, come to the east coast - we're on our 4th Nor'easter!

Betty J. Crow said...

That first shot is a hoot! Hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like an occasional beer. I have never tried Guinness. I love the birds in your first photo and your sweet Misty! Pretty landscapes and photos.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Thanks also for the comment and visit. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Hugs to Misty

A Colorful World said...

Love your St. Paddy's Day post! That dog in front of the castle...too cute! It was all lots of fun.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Happy belated St Patrick's Day Karen. Just as your spring is late in coming, so is our autumn.. but soon they will and all will be right again ☺

Cloudia said...

Tis fine!

Barbara Rogers said...

I'll gladly have a beer or ale, and drink to your health...but I do have some trouble when animals are dressed up in costumes, as cute as they may be. And I just learned Mar 17 is also St. Gertrude's day, the patron saint of cats!

Mike Brubaker said...

By coincidence just this evening I had a bottle of Guinness that I'd saved especially for St. Patrick's day. I prefer mine in the standard dark tan color rather than dyed green. Cheers!

tony said...

Karen .I love the Guinness tale! In Yorkshire we have a beer called StonesI guess it wouldnt have worked so well had that been aboard instead!

Sandi said...

I wish everyone wore wigs like that. How fantastic would that be? World leaders, movie stars, you and me...

cocoya said...

your images are beautiful, such pretty skies!!!


RoyalRuby
Gclub