Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, December 15, 2018

The House With Critters


Setting the scene. Our senses are feasting this time of year. Open fires, roasting chestnuts, gingerbread, Hot Chocolate, fresh pine trees, cinnamon, eggnog, candles burning, and for many snow, each harvest our celebrations.




Merry making feeds the soul, even the smallest acts.

Everything matters.



Any house without critters
 is missing 
what our heart desires most. 
Unconditional Love.






Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes,
that I might scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.  
P. Yogananda




Creating is living beyond your dreams.
 Dream with open eyes. 
Your eyes are the doorway to our hearts.
Your smile will unlock any heart.

Smiles are free.




Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
John F. Kennedy



Of course all the critters in my family know Santa always remembers them in my Christmas packages.





Have you ever wondered what magic lies within cardboard boxes, that always brings such joy and comfort to kitty cats?




Meow, purr, purr. Wow, this kitty toy actually squeals like a mouse! Purr, purr, puRR!


Being joyful every minute of the day, isn't reserved just for critters.


Christmas cards, or whatever holiday cards you desire most, all signed, sealed and delivered are unexpected joys for everyone, beginning with you, the sender.


Don't ever be defined by the things you didn't do. Just open another chapter and live on stronger than yesterday. You'll be thankful in all your tomorrows if you do.



The faces of the all the critters in my life enrich my heart more than words can describe. I am defined by each and every critter I've ever come to know.
Truly.

Critters live by appreciating everything, 
and that's their little secret they wish upon us all.




Dogs will always teach unconditional love. It's what they do best.

So whatever is in your life I hope it includes a critter or two or more.




You may recall this photo from last May, taken on my birthday this year, and the humor that I was trying to offer by pretending to take a drink. But that message is still one I offer today.
Life without good and kind humor is no way to survive. 
Thanks for stopping by,
stay joyful 
let humor live outward
and inward
and take good care of you.


10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,
Your post are always so uplifting and fun too. I love all the critters. Cute doggies and kitties. Your granddaughter has a pretty smile. I like how you set the scene at the beginning, sounds wonderful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. PS, thank so much for the comment on my blog.

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your critters - and your heart.

RedPat said...

"Don't be defined by the things you didn't do!" I love it, Karen! ;-)

Jeff (Sage) said...

Good advice and enjoy the season. btw, to rub it in, I'm wearing shorts today...

Sage

Hootin Anni said...

Loving this. Photos, quotes,...& fun. I can't help by bring this up.
Ready?

K-mart is NOT dead!! (Your blue light tree is special!!!)

You wrote: "Critters live by appreciating everything." We humans could learn from this


and that's their little secret they wish upon us all.

Anu said...

Hello. Lovely post. The cats and dogs are cute.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

lovely critters.
have a great day

betty-NZ said...

Great photos from here and there!

Kalei’sbestfriend said...

Great pics

Jenny Woolf said...

Always a peaceful and positive air to your posts. That is quite some Christmas decoration! Enjoy your holiday season, and all the best for 2019!