Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wise Boy said This is How Ancient Egyptians Lived


Not kidding, he was spot on. The roads were paths, to get around people walked, rode donkeys, or traveled by wagon. (which is exactly what he was in) on a dusty, dirt road near my house. Aren't the thoughts that run through a child's mind simply amazing?


Not all classrooms have four walls. 
Go outside. Live. Learn things.

Ready for a most adorable photo of the day?


Oops! You caught me!

ARTFUL-WANDERLUST

"You'll never know until you see," -said art everywhere.

Have you ever heard of Brian Andreas?
Interesting life he's led, and still is. 
I found his Hall of Whispers project extremely vital, especially now.

"Remember to use positive affirmations.
 I am not a dork is not one of them."
Brian Andreas (author of Mostly True)
of the
StoryPeople




So why bring this up? Because the StoryPeople have a connection to Decorah, Iowa where I'm hoping to journey to once life returns to where we left off. 

Among other interesting subjects, The Porter House Museum, Phelps Park, and the Vesterheim Norwegian American Museum (a few photos below) and other desirable eateries. 


"Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow. Isn't it strange how life won't flow, like a river, but moves in jumps, as if it were held back by locks that are opened now and then to let it jump forwards in a kind of flood?"
Anita Desai


Thank you Decorah, Iowa

So much to see, do and experience. Let me show you a bit of what it offers. Follow along with me.



For me there's something about arriving in a city,
 especially for the first time 
that boils within my soul as if it were soup in a pot,
 ready to burst out to be shared and eaten up!


Empty streets


"Empty streets are a blessing for you because
an empty street whips your thoughts
and makes you question your life!
He who wants to dive into his own depths,
let him wander in the empty streets!"

Mehmet Murat ildan


I was/am hoping to spend my birthday here, 
not just because by May the grass is always this rich
but for a hundred other reasons!


"When you wander in an empty silent street,
you wander within the mind of wisdom!"
Mehmet Murat ildan




"In the best conversations,
 you don't even remember what you talked about
only how it felt."


Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.





Ask yourself if what you're doing today
 is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
Paulo Coelho


"Remember that wherever your heart is, 
there you find your treasure."
Paulo Coelho

and 

The simple things are the most extraordinary things
(ignore those who say they are so bored, they can't take it any longer without- this or that)
and only the wise can see them.

Your visits here mean everything to me.
Thank you.
Take good care of you.


6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I will check out Brian Andreas and StoryPeople. Seeing empty streets and road is amazing to see right now. The simple things are my favorite things. I hope all is well with you and yours. Take care and have a great week!

Elephant's Child said...

Love that Anita Desai quote.
As always, this post has given me things to think about, to aspire to, and beauty.
Many, many thanks.

Sandi said...

Empty streets, full people. Somehow this great emptying is filling us with the right things.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Visiting a new city is always exciting Karen, I usually make a beeline to the Art Gallery and Museums 😉 I'm not sure if you will get to Iowa for your birthday in May, but hopefully not too much later 💙

Jeanie said...

I think we're all making our lists of where to visit when we can actually visit someplace. This looks like a good spot. And if there's a connection to Brian Andreas or his Story People, I'm definitely in!

Thanks for coming by the other day!

Jeff said...

When we travel again... I am afraid I might not make a planned game at Fenway in Boston this June--one of the old parks I haven't visited. Take care of yourself during this surreal time.

www.thepulpitandthepen.com