Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Music Critters and Joyfulness


Welcome to my SATURDAY'S CRITTERS 

post and Music in the park 

I'm also posting to  City Daily Photo. 


"To be wise is to be eternally curious." 

Frederick Buechner


"A wise person knows that there is always

something to be learned from everyone."










"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think.
 If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers."
Patrick Rothfuss



Music is a moral law. "It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good and just beautiful." Plato



"Have books 'happened' to you? Unless your answer to that question is 'yes' I'm unsure how to talk to you." Haruki Murakami



"A story can always break into pieces while it sits inside a book on a shelf; and decades after we have read it even twenty times, it can open us up, by cut or caress, to a new truth."

Andre Dubus





"Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery it is. In the boredom and pain of it, no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it, because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace." 

Frederick Buechner



 

"Compassion is the sometimes-fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. 

It's the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too."

Frederick Buechner



"Joy is a mystery because it can happen anywhere, anytime, even under the most unpromising circumstances, even in the midst of suffering, with tears in its eyes."

Frederick Buechner




Thank you for stopping in and spending time with me.

Take good care of you.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,
What a great critter post. I enjoyed all the photos and quotes.
I wish you peace and joy too! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

MELODY JACOB said...


Welcome to Saturday's Critters and Music in the Park! I love the quote from Frederick Buechner—such a wonderful reminder of the value of curiosity and learning. Your posts always bring a delightful mix of nature and wisdom. Enjoy your day of critters and music!

Read my new blog post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/08/best-ways-to-style-pink-shorts-for-chic-spring-summer-look.html Thank you.

Cloudia said...

I think you are my therapist now, Karen. Healing post a pleasure to read wonderful photos and thanks for all the quotes that I will steal. Aloha pal

Elephant's Child said...

I am eternally curious and do love revisiting books. I do indeed often learn from them - and enjoy the process. Thank you for a beautiful and thought provoking post.

Yvonne said...

What a lovely post of many sayings that make one think. Personally, I feel compassion has always been the driving force that gives me so much sadness.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Your posts are a breath of fresh air – a perfect blend of nature and wisdom.

Jeff said...

Great posts and quotes. I have long appreciated Fredrick Buechner's writings.

RedPat said...

Your posts are always so inspiring and uplifting, Karen. I'm not sure why I am so late visiting this one. ;-)