Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Thematic Photographic - # 218 Travel Travel

WELCOME TO

THEMATIC PHOTOGRAPHIC



Could this be in some exotic-far-away place like Italy or Spain?  Nope, I'm just enjoying an autumn day in Wayzata, Minnesota.


Carmi, has brought an old familiar show to our thematic photographic world this week.
Maybe some of you remember it?

TRAVEL TRAVEL

Odd little name isn't it?  Again, Carmi is as accommodating as ever and we can share photos from any destination we desire.


It's funny but I've been reliving (feeling all melancholy) about a vacation I took almost a year ago- my daughter and her daughter and I flew to sunny exotic California on October 30th so we could spend Halloween in Disneyland.




Why can't we get this thing off the ground?



It's not always about the destination and your journey, but also the time you share together getting there!
Good company on the road is the shortest cut. - Saying Italian




Wherever you go, the sky is the same color.- Saying Persian


Awesomely cool bridge in one of my most favorite places that I hope to visit again real soon.
But, this could be almost anywhere, to many folks, unless you recognize anything famous here.
 

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive!-Robert Louis Stevenson


 
That's the thing about exotic or far away places, they can look just like your backyard!


Although this was taken very close to Stonehenge.

The longest journey is the journey inwards. - Dag Hammarskjold






Funny thing about shooting photos of cities- they could look like a number of different places...
Can you guess where this was taken?



Were you in a pickle trying to figure out where, until you see the city from this view?


This could be just miles from our house.  But it's not!
It's about 4,494.9 exotic miles away.


All aboard.....


...for a train ride to some exotic destination?  Nope, not unless you find downtown Minneapolis an exotic destination!  Greetings from our Light-Rail transportation.


A couple of yeas ago I did travel to one of my favorite exotic locations-



My sister-in-law's backyard in Florida!


Here's another awesomely cool spot - (but don't visit here on Mondays because you'll only tour outside)




It was on my visit here that I learned about the most interesting history about "The Barefoot Mailman"
and what a life they led!
 
 
So where are the places you enjoy going to? Please do share, and if you want to post a photo at Thematic Photographic
go here
 
 
 

Remember, wherever you go, there you are! - Earl MacRauch

18 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

The important part of traveling...having a camera in your hand...so you can relive the experience a thousand times.

Alexia said...

Travel - one of my passions. I don't know how to go about doing this - how to choose??
I agree with R Mac - it's so good to look back through the memories...

I like the way you've mixed the local and the exotic. But I can't agree that the sky is the same colour everywhere - in Europe it is an entirely different colour from here downunder!

Galen Pearl said...

The longest and the shortest journey is inward. My variation of the quote!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

How very gorgeous photos! Each and every single one of them..and fun too!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

I like your story line !

Lisa Shafer said...

Well, at least I recognized the Millennium Bridge!
I like your column shot. :)

Jess Brady said...

Beautiful shots, Karen! Thanks for sharing them :)

Little Nell said...

I always travel hopefully - good old RLS, one of my favourite poets, who died far too young. A wonderful travelogue here Karen, with some great shots.

mmp said...

Lovely travvelling...and without even leaving the kitchen table!

thank you :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Technically speaking, Karen, I think you were off the ground.

Lovely pics!

;-)

Cloudia said...

what a fun post. Isn;t that pickle building in LONDON?



Warm Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

> < } } (°>

Bob Scotney said...

Your local can be our exotic and our local your e...!
Loved the way you mixed them up. Photos are the only place I've seen the Gherkin.
How long does it take you to find your quotes? I struggle with just the photos.

Gilly said...

Lovely shots - keeps you on your toes mixing them up like that! Great shot of the Millennium Bridge. And I liked the columns - but why?

Unknown said...

I don't need to go somewhere. Your lovely photos gave me an awesome tour. It feels like I'm a part of it.

tampa seo

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

awesome travel photo collection!!

i love to go to new places...and am sooooo looking forward to the day when i can just hit the road...with no destination in mind...and stay gone for as long as we want!! =)

Unknown said...

Methinks you could make it big as a travel agent.

Max Sartin said...

As always, you have a bunch of awesome photos there. You captured the girl in the fog beautifully, love it.

carmilevy said...

Places I enjoy coming to? Right here, Karen. Because I know you'll always take us someplace unexpected. I took a quick business trip to Minneapolis last year. Your pictures make me want to come back. And soon!