Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Mag - 150



Welcome
 
The first 2013

for


 
The Mag







Image by Daniel Murtagh and posted by Tess Kincaid for
Magpie Tales



Here I wait
in silent darkness
yesterday's cloud hangs heavy
over today's sunshine.

What was I scared of?
Being phased out no doubt
lost in
constant abrasion
of living in his shadows.

I feel so lost in the dark.
A puzzling melancholy
in the magic of this moment
knowing
someone had taken my place.



To view more posts for The Mag
at Magpie Tales
go here

http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2013/01/mag-150.html

20 comments:

Cloudia said...

interior dialogue on a sepia day. Nice


Aloha
from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >
> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

anthonynorth said...

Great depth to the thoughts in this.

Little Nell said...

I love the alliteration in this, and who hasn't known melancholy even in the magic of the moment?

Leovi said...

Yes, exquisite poem, into the darkness I.

Laurie Kolp said...

sad... I'm sure she'll find someone else soon...

Unknown said...

I am sorry, that image capture ALL of my attention.

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh so very sad...

Carrie Van Horn said...

Dark sad and beautiful Karen! :-)

Filip and Kristel said...

Seeing this picture, makes you wonder what she is thinking.

Greetings,
Filip

Berowne said...

Beautifully written; moving.

Unknown said...

you captured the darkness of the prompt with your poem!

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Oh, that's sad!

Silent Otto said...

Gone but not forgotten, can she ever be truly pushed away ? . I have seen the most anal , patriarchal of men fussing around , tidying their house like a stepford wife !

Anonymous said...

"today's sunshine" - there is hope...

kelvin s.m. said...

...quite a revelation to me of an injustice affair...she seems to still carry the classic disposition of women being just a mere accessories to men...no worth beyond bed hours... sad martyrdom mood you evoke here Karen...smiles...

Snowcatcher said...

How haunting. Both the image and the poem.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Beautiful sad write.

Anna :o]

K.C. said...

I see a new start about to begin!

Belva Rae Staples said...

It's sad to be replaced, but it could be for the best!

JANU said...

Sad. Betrayals can be painful for a very long time.