Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Quote it Saturday - 28 September 2013

"I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things..... I play with leaves.  I skip down the street and run against the wind." - Lee Buscaglia


QUOTE IT SATURDAY

Freda at "Freda's Voice" offers "upset" as the theme word for this week.



So, what the heck, be happy instead, perhaps?  BUT, how can we make something wonderfully, exciting out of upset?




So, what is foremost upsetting me, right now?  As well as a few other northerners at the moment?


The bittersweet, magical approach of autumn arriving and our saying farewell, to another summer gone by, far too quickly.



 
Not that we don't enjoy autumn's approach.
 
The changing of the seasons is a magical experience for all.



Of course this can be upsetting. 

 
 
 
Still upset about the beginnings of fall?


 
 
Although, as pretty as that is,  aren't we all a bit UPSET about this truth below?
 


"I drive a lot in the summertime, but after that, I don't drive if there's snow predicted for anywhere in 500 miles."  - R. L. Stine
 
 

Truly, it's an artist's dream to have the backdrop of any autumn day unfold right before their eyes.



What to do?
 
 
 
 


To view other Quote it Saturday posts, or give us your own go here

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2013/09/quote-it-saturday_27.html




9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like that 'temporarily upset' one. :)

Cloudia said...

Inspiring experience!



Thanks, Hon

Aloha:-)

JJ said...

Coming from New Hampshire, I do know the feeling. However, I always celebrated the beauty of Fall and Winter in the North. While I no longer face the difficulties of Winter, I miss them in many ways. Celebrate!

fredamans said...

I love how you put your posts together stemming from each quote! Awesomely inspiring and very creative.

Happy weekend!

Kat Mortensen said...

This is a lovely post, Karen. I am delighted by the presence of fall, it's my favourite season.

Thanks for reminding me how great Thomas Hardy's poetry is too!

Filip and Kristel said...

The colours of fall. When captured right, the best effect.

Greetings,
Filip

Unknown said...

BA HUMBUG!

Tea said...

Like your blog.

laura thomas said...

I miss the autumn color changes. That's a spectacular picture. Living on the Gulf Coast now and we don't get many color changes. Mostly everything stays green. We do get a lot of winter bloomings though.
I remember raking leaves into a huge pile and jumping in them. I miss being a kid somethimes:)
Thanks for stopping by my post!