Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Mag

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt!"  Margaret Atwood


Finland, 1968, photo by George F. Mobley

I dare say,
"It does appear to be a hunt, I know it!
But for what, I know not?
Blown away by wind and wet
by sight I know it!"



Eva, Can I See Bees In A Cave?

Every body's speaking of it.
Being forever trapped in this unsparing cave
in springless wave
a most paragon of virtue
and innocent pallor
of feral instinct
knowing of spring
yet not having it.
This evil aristocrat 
jaunty daredevil
of truth in a tweed suit
denial of it
being in blasted spirit
yet living this Graupel skit
we desire nothing of it.



6 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

What a great image Karen, rain doesn't stop the fun.

Susan Anderson said...

I've always loved that Atwood quote.
And your words…

=)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Folk ought to know, with weather like that, they should be curled up inside reading a book. (said the author)

Tess Kincaid said...

Jaunty daredevil indeed...

Unknown said...

Most excellent!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Your words make me miss a warmer spring... I remember what the weather is supposed to be like right now--rich, gently warm, smelling of fertile dirt--but it's cold. Where are the pleasant rains that will inspire May to Bloom?

My Magpie Entry