Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Whozits and Whatzits Galore

I thought I'd link up with Imaginary garden with real toads this week, by joining the Poems in April: Whozits an Whatzits Galore.







Goddesses
(looking for a good home)

Goddesses of
victory in war 
and wisdom
we're not.
Hailing outside of
 Athena Nike's dome
we're not.
Stuck on a shelf 
is more our true self.
Unless of
course you're lonesome
and hailing from
 the Isle of Rhumb
you'll take us home.





Since the beginning of rhyme, we promise you a real good time!
Oh please, oh please take us home this time.

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your ending note made me laugh.

Kerry O'Connor said...

You raise a valid point about the fate of statuary in the modern era!

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden.

Anonymous said...

Stuck on a shelf... Yeah, that feels about right at the moment. *smile* Like this! Well done!

Leovi said...

Wonderful poem. I liked it. I do not want to end up stuck on a shelf . Better drifting through the universe

Hannah said...

Excellent vision for these random heads!! :) Well done.

humbird said...

No stucking on shelf - move! Nice message ~ funny too :)

Sumana Roy said...

love it :D

Other Mary said...

Ha - this is great!

Other Mary said...

Ha - this is great!

Lolamouse said...

The ending made me laugh! I certainly felt that way when I was in the store. Everything seemed to be saying, "Take me home!"

Filip and Kristel said...

Special these faces.

Greetings,
Filip

Unknown said...

Methinks you may be a kindred spirit of Lady Lilith. (LOL?)

EG CameraGirl said...

Thanks for making me smile. ;)

Little Nell said...

Love your poem and the humour Karen, but I’m afraid I can’t comply with your request to give them a home :)

Susie Clevenger said...

I love your poetic plea, but none of them is right for me. :) Great job!!