Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Monday, May 12, 2014

The Mag - 11-May 2014

You may think she's underwater.  "She was a mind floating in an ocean of confusion." - Caroline B. Cooney





Image by Martin Stranka
Posted by Tess Kincaid



Escaping
The Hypnotist


Floating somewhere between heaven and earth 
my eyes avert his subtle trance.

However wittingly I escape, his charmingly
abundant traps of misconception.
   Others are tightly 
caught between his web of desire ever mulishly.

Not I, never shall I be caught between his fickle tricks
at the very end of all his masterful demands.

Ingeniously, I hide mercifully behind lingering thoughts.
In shallow combinations of  to dare or not?
A most cumbersome perception of yesterday's 
passions begging to fetch me.

Alone, I honor plausible flashes, and logical sensations
before make-believe trances and troublesome blahs, consume me.





For more Magpie Tales go here.

18 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Nicely done, Karen.
~

Cloudia said...

Toss and turn through the night. . .



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral

Magaly Guerrero said...

Ah! I love the idea of her hiding, letting herself be handled (or at least letting the handler believe it is so). And then, the flight...

kaykuala said...

She had a classic way of survival. Good for her! Great one Karen!

Hank

Sumana Roy said...

she is the winner from the moment she has her eyes averted from his subtle trance...a lovely write...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

O.T. But is blogger's updating of new posts in blogrolls working slow for everybody?

Mine still shows Carmi's post from 3 days ago!
~

DeniseinVA said...

That's wonderful Karen.

21 Wits said...

Thunder, yes, blogger has been updating really slow for me for a really long time!

Leovi said...

A wonderful poem! nice thoughts!

Filip and Kristel said...

Scary such pictures.

Greetings,
Filip

Unknown said...

What happened? I came to clucking like a chicken!

JJ said...

Hmmm. Interesting. It is not often I am at a loss for words.

humbird said...

Love the title. Should we escape? "Dare or not?" The whole discussion can be written here... 'Logical sensations' before? And how about the heart? What the heart's thinking? ~ From other point of view- I feel you're safe in this adventure :)xx

Tess Kincaid said...

I wondered if someone would take the hypnotist route...well done...

Truedessa said...

Well, it might be interesting to be levitated or is it all an illusion by a great hypnotist???

Bekkie Sanchez said...

You had me hypnotized with this!

Susan Anderson said...

Especially liked the bit about hiding mercifully behind lingering thoughts.

Great word use!

=)

Anonymous said...

I am actually glad to glance at this webpage posts which includes plenty of useful information, thanks for providing these kinds of information.

Also visit my weblog ... white magic potions (nordlichter.biz)