Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, July 5, 2015

You Looking at Me?

"When he looks back at me, his eyes travel around my face the way fingers dart through the bottom of a drawer, searching for batteries in a blackout." Holly Schindler





Bathers 1950 By George Tooker



Dream Lover

No MATTER HOW MANY TIMES
I LOOK at YOU
YOU'RE JUST NOT THERE


There's a love in my heart
if put to lines
of a sonnet
all fourteen lines
would be all you.
But you know that.
I'm left like 
a deflated beach ball that
sits idle, makes no sense 
your love was that
of free verse
and nothing more between the lines.
Now everywhere I look- I see you.
But you're just not there.


"I will find you.  In the farthest corner, I will find you."
Mary E. Pearson


"Or, perhaps-"

"Some things aren't meant to be known. Only believed."
Mary E. Pearson

20 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my, the Holly Schindler really gave me the shivers! What an awful feeling...but I suppose, sadly, we have all been there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, I enjoy your creative writing and stories. Wonderful quotes! Have a happy Sunday!

Kathe W. said...

your poem along with the added quotes is terrific!

keiths ramblings said...

Your plaintive poem fits so well with quotes you've selected to accompany it. Nice.

Visit Keith's Ramblings!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

oh it seems so sad....but as if she has accepted it and is ready to move on and become stronger somehow

Nancy Chan said...

"Now everywhere I look-I see you. But you're just not there." When it comes to this, we know that the presence is there without the heart.

Debbie said...

Creative and rymthetic, your words flow beautifully!!

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful. Painful and true.

Gail said...

You nailed it. This is so sad and yet beautiful at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and powerful. Bittersweet. Excellent. You never disappoint.

Anonymous said...

sad and beautiful!

GreenComotion said...

Nice painting and poem, Karen!
Have a Great Week!
Peace :)

Deepa said...

Wow, It is so touchy

Leovi said...

A great poem, intangible dreamed lovers ...!

Unknown said...

I hope your melancholy fades away much sooner than later.

RedPat said...

Quite a post for the day!

sage said...

Nice capture of the girl's emotion with your words!

Kutamun said...

Free verse is not always the most enduring kind, but it makes us feel alive !

Helen said...

Enjoyed the paths you took us down today ...

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I really enjoyed your take. That first quote was awesome writing! Enjoy your weekend my friend!