Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fence Art

Every good artsy fence post deserves at least one tastefully, possibly delicious art in front of a fence photo, wouldn't you agree?



"Life is too short to stuff a mushroom."
Shirley Conrad






"Nature alone is antique,
and the oldest art a mushroom."
Thomas Carlyle



Yes, more little creatures growing beyond this one!


"You must grow like a tree
not like a mushroom."
Janet Erskine Stuart




(Did you notice other works of art in the reflection?)



Peace of Mind- Listening to the song of birds.



and burning their song into your heart.





This is the kind of art that grabs my attention most at any art show.

Is it a painting or, a photograph?


You tell me.







This last photo goes without question, definitely a watercolor painting. However, up close and as the light hits it just right, you can envision being there.





Thank you for stopping by and viewing more works of art from the Minnesota Fine Arts Building and also,
 an enormous thank you to my son for not mowing his lawn this week, so those little babes of nature could keep growing!.

Now on to see what you've all posted.  Have a HAPPY day.

28 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

The mushroom pictures are fantastic. I don't understand why your blog has fallen off my list (I have discovered I have several "hidden blogs" which I most certainly never hid!!! but I am glad to have found it again.

Jeannie Marie said...

I think it is a photograph but it's a great fence! Happy good fences day!

DeniseinVA said...

Loved the fences, the artwork and the mushrooms Karen. Great photos, all of them :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm impressed, especially by the watercolour. I like how it pulls me in, encourages me to dream.

Cloudia said...

Wise and wonderful!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Lots of color. I like color. -Killroy

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, I think I would rather grow tall shape of a tree than the shape of a mushroom. The artwork is beautiful, I love the bird song image and the last three are wonderful.
Have a happy day! BTW, thank you for visiting my post.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I think it is a photograph as they have not straightened the horizon. I do not think an artist would deliberately make that on the slint. Love the last painting.

Christine said...

A wonderful array of art and fences and great close ups of the mushroom !

Paula said...

A lot of those fence post look like some around here. Nice pictures and the grass is so green.

TexWisGirl said...

neat art! like the frilly skirted 'shroom.

RedPat said...

Wonderful fences for the day!

Elephant's Child said...

Nature IS an artwork.
And too much art is barely enough.

Saucy Siciliana said...

Beautiful photos, especially of the mushrooms and fences!

Debbie said...

such a creative take....LOVE the mushroom!!!!

Gail said...

All very beautiful.

Hootin Anni said...

Fence art....now THAT is a GREAT interpretation. Lovely photos as always.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Cool shroom!

Some started growing around here, but then it got very dry for the last four weeks.
~

Ida said...

Great post. - Loved your mushroom shots growing by the fence. Wow there were some super artistic art pieces there with fences in them. That was fun to see.

Lois said...

I like seeing mushrooms, especially those tiny ones that pop up and look like little drink umbrellas! I'm going to guess and say that is a painting, but I really can't tell for sure.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your interpretation of art. I always enjoy your posts because they speak to me. I may not be able to produce visual arts, but I certainly appreciate them. Thank you.

Carola Bartz said...

That's quite the big mushroom, dear me! Beautiful paintings!

Rose said...

Oh, thank you for this show! I so loved some of these...specially the one above the line is it a painting or a photo. But oh, my I did enjoy these.

Aimeecakes said...

A beautiful collection of shots - I especially love that first mushroom

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely photos and art, Karen!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my goodness those images of the fences are just wonderful!!!

Kathe W. said...

love all the images you have posted! All the different fence posts are wonderful. Cheers

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Karen; I LOVE the first phrase you wrote and great varieties of artsy fences♡♡♡
I wish to have the time like in the sweet picture 'Peace of Mind'.

Hope you'll have wonderful coming weekend, Dear friend♪
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*