Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Critters and a Weekend Off

Yes, when it comes to my weekend off, it's no holds barred and so a girl's weekend it was with a movie, gallery visit (to check out Alec Soth) lunch and off to our favorite quaint little Linden Hills neighborhood. Of course critters were on my mind as well, and if only I'd been able to capture just a few of those many chirping and delightful song birds somewhere along our journey!





How about a bunny?
for
SATURDAY'S CRITTERS


Interestingly enough the newest journey Alec Soth explored resonated with me as well.  Relating to the human side of things and I have this urge to see what's right before my eyes, but play it back in a entirely different manner whether in my mind or through a photograph. Does that even make any sense to you?

Sometimes the more I see the less I know.


 "The world is full of magical things, 
patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."
William Butler Yeats


Is this what you'd call a
blue snowman?
Does he fit in the critter category as well?



I have a few secret places where I can usually find
 swans and ducks and other critters.


I shot this yesterday it's one of Alec Soth's shooting
 through window series,
 and there is a bird if you can spot it!




Art observing art.




Waiting to be noticed.


Just enjoying the view 
and those folks that happen by.


The next two photos are  more shots 
on display for 
famed Minnesota photographer Alec Soth.




"We cannot live only for ourselves. 
A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men;
and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads,
 our actions run causes,
and they come back to us as effects."
Herman Melville


"It is not down in any map;
true places never are."
Herman Melville

These kinds of places that he speaks of
is exactly where I enjoy to roam most of all.



And as a matter of fact, greener days are coming.

May happiness follow you wherever you go.
Thanks for stopping in.







4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful exhibit. I love the bunny and swans. I always enjoy your post, quotes and photos. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead!

Sandi said...

"The world is full of magical things,
patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."


LOVE this, Karen!

RedPat said...

An upbeat journey that you took us on!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

There must be a gnome hidden in there somewhere