Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Oh Fishy



and trust me as I compose my critter post for today my very own pups are determined to loudly announce each and every snowmobiler that zooms through our front ditch. Bark, bark, BARK!


If 
"Books are the bees which carry the quickening pollen 
from one to another mind."
James Russell Lowell

Then 
Critters are the caregivers which bring soulful tenderness 
from one to another's heart.




Creativity is not the finding of a thing
but the making something out of it
after it is found.
James Russell Lowell

You would not go into an apple orchard and eat the weeds
so why would you go into your day and feast on worries?
Patrick McBride




Of course I couldn't forget to include my daughter's pets
 in their Valentine's box!


In case you're wondering yes these kitty cats
 always enjoy the box that arrives as well as the stuff inside!




What does a parrot know about PTSD?
from the New York Times






It's the size of one's will that determines success.



Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even 
to your smallest acts.
This is the secret of success.


I love the rain because I am a Mermaid who lives too far from the sea.


She would be half the world away,
floating in a turquoise sea,
dancing by the moonlight to flamenco guitar.
Janet Fitch




If Rusty could speak he'd say
Finally they bring me to grandma's sledding hill!
Yes!

Holy moly! Lookout, here I come everyone!


"It is by presence of mind in untried emergencies 
that the native metal of man is tested."
James Russell Lowell




I ask you
A doppelganger or me?

My grand-kiddos remarked upon seeing this exhibit 
at the Minnesota Science Museum that it's definitely me.
They are most sure of it.
What do you think?
Do you have a doppelganger that you're aware of?



We always pose first with Rex upon our arrival.


This is how we spent our Valentine's Day this year. Of course another critter was involved as well, Sonic the Hedgehog because his new movie came out yesterday and it was a must to see!

Thanks for stopping by, your visits mean everything.
Take good care of you.

11 comments:

Sandi said...

"Books are the bees which carry the quickening pollen
from one to another mind."

:-)

Elephant's Child said...

What a heartfelt and beautiful post.
This critter loving bookaholic salutes you.

RedPat said...

A critter filled post! I love the Lowell & the McBride quotes, Karen!

Anu said...

Hello. Lovely post.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Critter and post, my favorite things. It is interesting to learn of the bond between birds and veterans. Love the cute dogs and kitties. Cute post of the grands with Rex. My favorite it Rusty on the sled hill, what fun. Fun photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your days off, have a great new week ahead. PS, thanks for commenting and visiting my blog.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day Karen. Rusty on sled Hill too cute and funny 😊 I believe I do have a doppleganger right here in Perth. People often ask me if I enjoyed myself at certain events that I myself, the real me 😉, have not attended.. would love to bump into her one day 😊

Hootin Anni said...

Love ALL your critters today & LOVE the McBride quote.

R's Rue said...

❤️

Jeff said...

Great quotes and I love the picture of your dog enjoying the snow. Our former dog, Trisket, used to love the snow and would kick up snow with his snout and then snap at it in the air.

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

Debbie said...

fun, fun, fun...cute critters and adorable kids!!

the mcbride quote is awesome, i have never heard it before!!!

Unknown said...

Before contracting a cleaner, explain what synthetic concoctions will be utilized for the cleaning. On the off chance that you have little kids or pets, presentation to cleaners can be awkward or unsafe even. It is significant for the cleaner to utilize protected, affirmed synthetic substances and to clean the rug rapidly and effectively to decrease introduction. Satta King
Play Bazaar