Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

What's Stopping You

If you always do what you always did 
you'll always get what you always got.
Unknown



Have you ever wished you'd tried something or gone somewhere but never did? Do you ever wonder, what's stopping me? Likewise, once you've seen others doing the very thing you thought of doing it suddenly horrifies you that you never tried it?

Okay maybe horrify is too strong a word as it reminds me of a line in Jay Smith's poem "A silver scaled Dragon with jaws flaming red sits at my elbow toasting my bread" when we all know toasters are meek objects.

Yet it feels like a heavy cloud hanging overhead sucking all my sunshine away?
Okay. Still too harsh.


"What would life be if we had no
 courage to attempt anything?"
Vincent Van Gogh



Every ride has its own adventures, just waiting for you.



"Make voyages. Attempt them. There's nothing else."
Tennessee Williams


I also add, attempt everything, or there'll be no results.

"Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible!
 Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go! So he got up and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all a patter and a pitter."

J.R.R. Tolkien

But riding the dragon does empower your soul.
By its power, beauty, and the mysteries of your inner forces. 

Fortitude lives on.

My daughter and her hubby took the artist's plunge.






How it begins.



Artist at work or is it play?


Ta-da! The finish.

In case you're wondering I'm planning on doing this as well!


After all the Minnesota State Fair's Fine Art Competition is coming very soon, and below is the latest artwork I've painted.
It's not at all worthy of being an entry for the Fine Arts it was just for fun.








My first try with this style of painting and the
 cutting board was made by my youngest son.


Key thing to remember.
You must begin.
Always.


So if you care to share, let me know what projects you're working on too.
Thanks for stopping
and take good care of you.


13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Huge smiles.
I continue to garden, and to read. I am attempting to wrestle a poem into shape.
And loving creativity anywhere I see it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Another great post, with great ideas and words. I am just looking forward to anything. I am taking a lot of photos and reading. you and your family's paintings are all beautiful, well done. Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.

RedPat said...

I am busy purging stuff - have too much that I don't use or need but I find it really difficult. I love the paintings that you are doing! You have a talented family!

Cloudia said...

I like those, K!

Debbie said...

awesome quotes today!! i enjoy those paint parties, i have been to a few!!!

i LOVE the cutting board!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Your daughter and her husband are naturals, you also Karen 💙 My husband is the artist in the family, he too has natural talent. Mostly I enjoy other people's art, that's my passion 😊

Divya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sumit Singh said...

At the point when you're a pioneer, ensure that you group with individuals. You should recollect that you are a piece of a group. Singular voices can add to and better a whole task so have a go at uniting others to team up. Pioneers are rarely alone. Put forth a valiant effort to welcome the same number of viewpoints into the conversation and dynamic procedures as you can. satta king
play bazaar
satta matka

ganga cassette said...

In the event that you can't (not every person is in a situation to contact a Leica M9 or a Ferrari), at that point inquire about the thing. Understand surveys. Far and away superior, ask end clients - ideally the individuals who have really purchased the item - about their experience. Client discussions are incredibly useful. At long last, ask yourself, "Would I be content with this?" Satta King
Play Bazaar

Google Media India said...

Satta king play bazaar this is good site

arjun said...

This article can show you some of those changes that you will need to make.

fitness model
fitness

Unknown said...

Try not to accept your rug is perfect since it looks immaculate. There may be a lot of earth inserted profound into your floor covering. It is imperative to vacuum your floor covering cautiously at any rate once every week and cleanser your rug or utilize a steam cleaner once per month to dispose of scents.
Satta King
Play Bazaar

arjun said...

ou have just read a lot of advice about starting your own home business. Hopefully, you can take some of it and use it every day to make your work a true success for you.
fitness model
fitness