Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Stillwater Stroll

 Welcome to a sunless somewhat snowy but always friendly quaint little river town of Stillwater, Minnesota and all its winter glory downtown.



"My life is like a stroll upon the beach,

 as near to the ocean's edge as I can go."

Henry David Thoreau


Wait, no it's more like, "I pray this winter be gentle and kind, a season of rest from the wheel of the mind." John Geddes 

and it's the St. Croix River and one of this year's snow sculptures. This is the second year of Stillwater's Snow Sculpture Contest.




Winter has arrived.

















I had the most delicious lunch at Stillwater Proper 
and you can see for yourself below.






"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. Now, you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."
Bruce Lee 














Extremely wise Blueberry.







Dear Winter, the story of us is,
 I'm really over this and I miss days 
filled with sunshine. 





"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation."
Sinclair Lewis 





There is always something so perfectly wonderful 
about winter.
I believe.






Can you see my reflection?





Nothing could be more fun than a day at the table, creating.





"Every mile is two in winter."





Dear Winter,
I'm breaking up with you.
I think it's time I start
 seeing other seasons.



In case you're wondering I was driving home smiling after my day in Stillwater. It's always there patiently waiting to be enjoyed, adventured and admired. It's a place I spent many a Saturdays with my mother and children. It holds many memories.  Always something to do. Paddle boats eager to paddle you on weather permitting of course. Stillwater is a place that picks me up like a visit with an old friend and the comfort of its wisdom and trinkets of joy. 

Thanks for stopping in and strolling along with me.
Take good care of you.




6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the snow sculptures - and the blueberries advice. Thank you. Stay warm and safe.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the snow sculptures! Nice tour and stroll through Stillwater, love the mural and the cute shops. Your meal looks yummy, pasta? I never thought I would want to be like a blueberry, why not. Good advice, photos and quotes.
Take care, have a happy day!

Jeff said...

What a quaint town. I like the snow sculptures. This year, while we had a week of very cold temperatures (for here) we have only had spits of snow and no accumulation.

William Kendall said...

The snow sculptures are my favourite. They're a big part of our Winterlude, which will be back in full this year.

Jenny Woolf said...

Stillwater looks a pretty little place. I'd like to visit too. I love the idea of letting your mind go formless, sometimes thats just what we need. I am always amazed at how anyone can create sculptures out of snow. I saw some people making ice sculptures once and they were using a special tool, but it's the level of detail that flabbergasts me. Thanks for a nice post!

Cloudia said...

Fun day