Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Six Word Saturday - 6WS - 4 June

It's time for another Six Word Saturday experience!  ...and Cate has given us a great start to the day....if you want to add your own six words of today just go here
http://www.showmyface.com/2011/06/six-word-saturday.html










BEST OPTION, GOING WITH THE FLOW!
(I know, easy to say once you return from vacation, right?!)

BUT!!

Today I know that I cannot control the ocean tides.
I can only go with the flow...
When I struggle and try to organize the Atlantic to my specifications, I sink.
If I flail and thrash and growl and grumble, I go under.
But if I let go and float, I am borne aloft.

by Marie Stilkind

If you can't fight, and you can't flee, flow.   - Robert Eliot


From "Get Fuzzy experience...are you bucksperienced!"

I know.......Being "a bull in a china shop" can have it's merits!

But so can ...    g o i n g     w i t h    t h e    f l o w !
D o n ' t    y o u    k n o w !

11 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Karen ~~ I like this.

Best to go with the flow with a lot of things. But not with everything!

Ocean currents, yes. Did you know that you can't sweep the tide back with a broom?
..
Like Kate's Mr. Linky this morning. It repeated ALL of last week's entries. I am glad you signed in at the bottom of all those. I did too, just went with the flow hoping that Kate will fix it up.

Also like Blogger's sign-in mess. I entered only URL and name to get signed in.
..
..

Debbie said...

Love it, now I just need to follow that advice!
http://nofiltermom.blogspot.com/2011/06/6ws.html

Kasi said...

Sounds easier said then done! BUT it's better to try then not try at all! (Found your blog from Six Word Saturday!)

Ron. said...

I went with a Flo once. Does that count?

darlin said...

LOL at Ron's comment! Great six word choice and sometimes when I'm swimming against the current I find it's best to let go and like you said, just go with the flow. Everything comes together somehow in the long run and if it's not going to matter in 5 years why try to force it to all come together? Have a wonderful Sunday!

Karen S. said...

Ron..yes Flo (ha ha lol) or flow it all works!
Jim, I wondered too about the mix up with last weeks...it could be a blogger thing...I can't seem to comment on many blogs lately and that is getting frustrating! Others are experiencing it too, and they say they're working on it! We'll see!
Darlin love your words of wisdom too...John Kennedy Jr. (before his death) planned his life out in 5 year segments.....!
Blogger issue...I can't even comment on my own blog the way we should!

Bruno Laliberté said...

ah, ah!!
that comics so reflects my relationship with Carrie, my eldest cat!!! pity she can't understand, even when she stares endlessly at my computer screen...
:)~
HUGZ

Susan in SC said...

certainly makes like more interesting to go with the flow. Save those other struggles for really important things! Profound post!!

Call Me Cate said...

Definitely best to go with the flow. We can't control certain things so best not to fight them but adapt our reactions to them.

Like stupid Mr Linky. Which I fixed but WHY must he act up when I sleep in?

Thanks for playing 6WS!

tony said...

Go With The Flow ! The Ocean Is The Ultimate Solution !

Jenny said...

I love this. I've never heard this saying before but it is certainly perfect!