Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Mag - 196 - Life Sense

"Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness."  Poppy Z. Brite

Or, some nights are made for exhilaration, of life itself, wouldn't you agree?

For some reason, I feel Tess Kincaid's image this week brings this beautiful, reflecting Angel to life.  How wonderful it is that we have The Mag blog to unleash our thoughts.  


THE MAG




Are there really Angels about us?
Or are they mere reflections of ourselves?



LIFE SENSE

Opposing forces
all about
give me pause.

Am I
a mere reflection
of myself?

Do you see me
or what you want to see?

I'd rather be a merry-prankster,
 than a miserable woebegone.
How about you?

Why ever do we
 spill our worst self
upon another?

When we can ride waves  
that milk the night
and trust the stars?

I'm tired of bearing
 my most vulnerable self,
wedged within lost chapters 
of my untitled stories.

Let's burst out laughing.

I've shed my umbrella of weariness  
that's wandered a distant lane
or two
too achingly embarrassed
to admit being lost.







14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i love the last stanza.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Some nights are made for watching your team lose on tv.

I don't like those nights!
~

Helen said...

Do you see me ... Or the me you wish me to be? We have been wondering that since time began. Very nice!

Unknown said...

This is incredibly deep and moving. I hope your questions are not merely rhetorical.

Cloudia said...

Tis the time for deep questions and snow


ALOHA to YOU
from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=

Truedessa said...

"am I merely a reflection of myself"
interesting thought to ponder...

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh yes let's lose that umbrella...

humbird said...

Inspiring! The poem calls to unleash whatever we have inside...

hyperCRYPTICal said...

I love your words (which made me think).
My philosophy - 'Let's burst out laughing.'
Who needs an umbrella!
Anna :o]

Silent Otto said...

I think you are right on both counts , Twin cities......its all a question of balance ..
All this " worst self" stuff i think is a dangerous delusion, at best.

The Sentinel said...

It's a hard thing to unveil ourselves. Until we feel the safety to do so.

Lyn said...

Please keep on unleashing! Merry-pranksters, stick together!

Jenny Woolf said...

There is something unusual and magical about the photo. It is partly the lighting, partly the colouring and partly the look of the woman posing for the picture, she has just the right kind of face, somehow.

Jenny Woolf said...

There is something unusual and magical about the photo. It is partly the lighting, partly the colouring and partly the look of the woman posing for the picture, she has just the right kind of face, somehow.