Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Friday, November 14, 2014

Sepia Saturday - Sea Walking







"There is one knows not what sweet
 mystery about this sea, whose gently
 awful stirrings seem to speak of some
 hidden soul beneath." 

-  Herman Melville






"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." Oscar Wilde



Logically speaking-

What were they doing?

Often the truth behind folks walking through water is better left unanswered.


"Uncertainty and mystery are energies of life.  Don't let them scare you unduly, for they keep boredom at bay and spark creativity." - R. I. Fitzhenry



Just back from the river in time for their next show-


It does appear these two are up to something, doesn't it?

I believe without a doubt, it's better that we're kept in the dark, for now.


and until then-
Please return next week for

Why They Crossed the River Mystery

Or, was that really a rock hurtling through the air (like Marilyn suggested) toward our couple in the theme photo, or possibly a drone or spaceship?



to be continued next week -

Picking up again from the neighborhood shown below.





24 comments:

Little Nell said...

Why did they cross the river I wonder. The nuns looks as though they were wading out to get some bait for their fishing trip perhaps. Now I’ve got the earworm “Wade in the Water (God’s gonna trouble the water)".

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Kilroy was here

TexWisGirl said...

like that lifeguard chair!! and the cute nuns. :)

Cloudia said...

Your fine final foto is like the reward at the end of today's wondrous trail !





ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

"Let silence take you to the core of life." ~Rumi





Barbara said...

I agree with Cloudia, the final photo is a beauty, but then I enjoyed them all.

Unknown said...

My favorite of these is the first with the nuns, habit and all, holding up the hems. Enjoyable photos...

Cranberry Morning said...

Fun photos! Are those beautiful homes on Summit Avenue in St. Paul?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I think those nuns were looking for clams.
~

La Nightingail said...

Ever since that prompt picture appeared I've wondered what in the world those two were doing out there in the middle of the stream? There doesn't seem to be anything on the other side that would have attracted their attention so much they'd want to go over there to see it? Maybe he'd asked her to marry him but she'd said "No" so he intended to take her over there & leave her there - or even throw her in, but had a change of heart?

Boobook said...

I can well imagine the nuns harvesting some food, but the question is 'Why did someone take their photo?'.

Wendy said...

You selected some thought-provoking quotes to accompany these pictures. I enjoyed the photos, especially the girl setting up the tripod. And those poor nuns - dressed in a death trap had they fallen in a rip current.

Bob Scotney said...

The two men look like opponents in a wrestling booth. Is that a trophy or an old fashioned mike in one's hand?
I'd give the trophy to the nuns.

Postcardy said...

The photo with the camera is my favorite. It makes me wonder what the camera is aimed at.

Gail said...

Great pictures. I love the old ones but not particularly the two guys in suits. Maybe I'm a prude.

Mike Brubaker said...

A post that seems like a Rebus Puzzle. Two wet nuns + two bare chested wrestlers + couple with camera = ???
Too clever for me.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a fun collection. I'm most drawn to the woman with tripod and camera, then the snowy Victorian homes. But of course the nuns in the water with a bucket is priceless!

biebkriebels said...

Those are funny photos, not made by youself I suppose?

Jeff said...

Neat photos, but that last one is making me miss winter!

humbird said...

What the cool photos! Your last one so nice! Happy Sun-day to you, Karen! x

Jofeath said...

Mysterious, but one thing is for sure, those nuns and those wrestlers would not have been venturing into the water together!

Tattered and Lost said...

I find that lifeguard chair fascinating. It's a piece of sculptural art.

JohnF said...

Raking for clams?

Hootin Anni said...

I'm thinking the nuns were searching for clams.

As for the two gentlemen in their trunks...I'm leaving that one alone with no comment.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

The photo of the nuns is amusing but the riverside shot speaks down through the years...just beautiful.