Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Color My World With Critters

Happiness for me is surrounding myself around critters. Welcome to another Saturday posting of critters within my world. I'm also posting to City Daily Photo.

I begin today with this quote from Nakeia Homer it's what I've learned through the years, and especially from my pets.

"Remember the last time

you thought you couldn't do it,

but then you did?

Do that again." Nakeia Home


SATURDAY'S CRITTERS


Welcome to the pups in my world and sorry kitties you aren't in this line-up today. 



Meet Bugsy my oldest son's pup.



Royal pup in my eyes Artemis (a girl) named by my daughter from Artemis, The Greek Goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, wild animals, the Moon and Chastity. 




Rusty (my youngest son's pup) is the sweetest of all pups ever here with one of his boys!


Yikes, Rusty what are those green hands behind you rising up from the ground?




My daughter and her pup Artemis!



My beloved pups, Dash (also named by my daughter as Dashiell Hammett one of her favorite writers) above and below with Misty.

"You got to look on the bright side, even if there ain't one." Dashiell Hammett






Also my oldest son's pup, sweet little Emme who graciously allows her brother Bugsy to take center stage until she doesn't! hehehe.


"The love of a dog is a pure thing. He/she gives you a trust that is total. You must not betray it."

Michel Houellebecq 



"Like literature, music can overwhelm you with sudden emotion, can move you to absolute sorrow or ecstasy; like literature, painting has the power to astonish, and to make you see the world through fresh eyes.




Come close and let me tell you an ancient story.


But only literature can put you in touch with another human spirit, as a whole, with all its weaknesses and grandeurs, its limitations, its  pettinesses, its obsessions, its beliefs; with whatever it finds moving, interesting, exciting, or repugnant." 

Michel Houellebecq

This quote, pretty much explains what the critters in our lives master as well.


Update on our peacock that so far as yet still remains with us.




"If you stare at someone long enough, they'll eventually look back at you."

Cory Doctorow



I hear your approach! 






Always on the run though. When we stay quietly inside watching through a window we get a lovely show, even see the beautiful fan of feathers.




 
Risky business coming this close to our pups view though, and he's off and running again.


"If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree."

Og Mandina




Random hikers with their pups. All lost in thought.



"You can't discuss the ocean with a well frog, he's limited by the space he lives in. You can't discuss ice with a summer insect, he's bound to a single season."

Zhuangzi




Some faces are hard to resist.

 



"The real world is much smaller than the imaginary."

Friedrich Nietzsche


"Search for the seed of good in every adversity. Master that principle and you will own a precious shield that will guard you well through all the darkest valleys you must traverse. Stars may be seen from the bottom of a deep well, when they cannot be discerned from the mountaintop."

Og Mandino

 


Thank you for sharing time with me.
Take good care of you and be safe.



10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for sharing some of the critters which brighten and delight your days.
The cats hope that they get a post of their own soon though...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Being a dog lover, I just love this photos all your cute puppy dogs.
They are all adorable. Great capture of the Hawk and your Peacock must have officially adopted you. Great quotes and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critters and post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, I appreciate your comment and visit.

William Kendall said...

Cute critters!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that last photo and the quote..if you don't like where you are, Move! lol You have wonderful pets too! Enjoy your weekend!

RedPat said...

I love that pirate costume! It's wonderful. Love all the pups, Karen!

21 Wits said...

Oh absolutely working on it! Can’t leave kitties out for too long!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Gorgeous critters!

My latest post:
https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/10/waiting-for-migrants.html

Jeanie said...

All these dogs look so sweet! And I love that owl!

Yvonne said...

What a nice post of so many wonderful critters. Love them all.

Jeff said...

Great critter photos and wonderful quotes! I wish I knew how to post a picture here and I'd include one of my dog on a walk yesterday (but I posted it on Facebook and maybe Twitter).