Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, May 20, 2023

City Streets with Critters

Taking pictures is how I find a connection wherever I go like these from the streets of Charleston, South Carolina, allowing me to relive vital moments along the way. Don't laugh but it's a little like finding your way home, as home is a memory of warmth for which our soul is always longing for. 

Not to forget those ah hah moments when we look back at these photos and realize oh wow, look at what else I captured!

I'm posting to 

SATURDAY'S CRITTERS

and City Daily Photo


Memories are made wherever you go.



Sometimes I get this homesick feeling in places, especially when my thoughts cry, this may be your first and last time seeing this place so, soak it up.


Some beautiful paths can't be discovered,

 without getting lost."

Erol Ozan




Where or where did their horsey go?

Look below!




Below is my kitty cat visit at Pounce Cat-Cafe and Wine Bar from my last visit. We planned on visiting this trip, but time did not allow it.





"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

Nicolas Chamfort

and many will say one without dogs, cats or other animals as well!




Clip, clop, clip clop, clip clop I can hear it now.

"They say a person needs just three things to be 
truly happy in this world: someone to love,
 something to do, and something to hope for."
Tom Bodett







Always discover the beauty and meaning along your way.








"I'm going back to dignity and grace.
 I'm going back to Charleston, where I belong."
 Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind






I wish more places (like on the streets of my own hometown) 
would have these carriage rides.


Hint, hint, folks with horses! 





The slightest sea breeze clung in the air as they toured the streets by horse drawn carriage and we joyfully walked along, up close and personal to grand porches, entryways and terraces.  Not as sunny as we desired maybe, but at least the rain stayed at bay.






 "Public opinion is the worst of all opinions."
Chamfort

Finding out for yourself makes all the difference.






Below is a horse at Boone Hall Plantation.




"Every day I add to the list of things I refuse to discuss. The wiser the man, the longer the list."
Nicholas Chamfort

 Think less, See more.





We found a charming little gift shop just up the block from our Airbnb.
If I'd brought a bigger suitcase so many more things would have come home with me.





Traveling is the only thing that makes you richer.




Can one ever have too many birds?





Below The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of North America.
Doesn't that just speak to you?







Oh, the shopping we shall do. A dream come true really, as we wander the streets in search of seeing it all! How lucky can a girl be right?






Graceful and proud right? Hold your head high.


Another note for all you gents out there it's not just all about 

She explores, and in fact We Explore is something we all could use a bit more of.

Are you living or existing?


I can't say that enough. I heard it the other day in a movie, and I've been spreading it all around. 

 




The more who you love you make you richer as well.


Back to home sweet home again!
Until I go exploring again 
my photographs will keep me company.

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.
Take good care of you.

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Traveling feels like it makes us richer. I love all the horses and carriages rides. What a fun place to visit. Wonderful collection of quotes and photos.
How is your peacock doing? Thank you for the link, visit and comment.
Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the horses and all of those books in the shop. Traveling does make you feel richer...even if it's just a day trip!

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful. Filled memory banks are riches indeed.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful horses.

Shiju Sugunan said...

What an enjoyable destination! All those horse-drawn carriages rides are simply lovely.

RedPat said...

It sounds like you had a delightful time and found so many horses!
Glad to see the peacock has stuck around your place, Karen.

Jeff said...

Glad you had a good trip to the Low Country. Having lived in Savannah, those carriages are a mixed blessings as you always seem to get behind one when in a hurry!