Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not To Dare is To Lose Oneself

If only Soren Kierkegaard could be asked to lunch....I'd even buy!
Soren could even decide where we would dine......and of course, which wine...
 I find comfort in many of his quotes...here are a few.


"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."


"Life has its own hidden forces which you can only discover by living."


"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily.  Not to dare is to lose oneself."

3 comments:

darlin said...

I LOVE these quotes, they make sense now that I'm a wee bit older but when I was young I liked them even though I didn't fully grasp the concept of quotes such as these!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

These quotes definitely make one think..btw, the bloom starts off this color but later turns a pale pink.. Its a magnolia bud u are looking at. the bigger it gets the color lightens, now its at a magenta state... strange isn't it?

JJ said...

Kierkegaard is one of my favorites, because he uses irony to make his points. I very much enjoy pulling philosophical legs, while my readers cannot always tell whether I'm serious.