Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thematic Photographic - Strangers Among Us -Yet

         A Random Stranger - Breezes past......snap!   He's caught.


Strangely enough, this painting has always found a place in my house, since a stranger gave it to me.
Strange as it may sound, a single mother of 5 children and I belonged to the same church and while she didn't join in the Ladies Group, she still presented it to me as a wedding gift.
Strange too that she soon moved away,
still to this day I don't recall her name.
Strange that I have kept this 
it's not a real painting
some may say
it's colors are beginning to fade.....
the two men and one dog pictured here are strangers too.
I guess it isn't strange to hold on to things that are dear to us
and her gift to me is still very dear.
Strange huh?  
......another strange thing, is fellow blogger Bob (Bob's Home For Writing)who joins in here too, used this very painting to a post recently!

http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2011/12/thematic-photographic-175-strangers.html

14 comments:

Little Nell said...

I love that Constable painting!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

hmmmmm...strange....strangers...i like strange!!

is he stuck in the muck in that painting? or is it raining? or is trying to drive through a pond?

merry merry! :)

Galen Pearl said...

Now that was a strange tale indeed.

Alexia said...

I love Constable - such peaceful scenes!

Max Sartin said...

Love those buildings in the background. Catching that guy walking by, and the look on his face, just adds to it.

sage said...

I don't see anything strange about it-I love that painting. I have a Harvey Dunn print in my living room that I gave to myself--but I constantly stare at it and learn new things

Bob Scotney said...

We have had Constable's painting of the Hay Wain on our wall for years. I never tire of looking at it even so.

Somewhere round about said...

....and here's me looking at the bright colours on the buildings!

tony said...

Strange That Constable Wasn't A Policeman........

Haddock said...

That is a lovely painting.
Some times its the small things in life that hold our attention.
Like this painting given by a stranger whose name you don't remember.

darlin said...

I love this painting so I don't find it strange at all that you've kept it for all these years. What I do find coincidental is that a fellow blogger would post the same painting... small world now isn't it?

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Great post- I'm sure we all have things we hang on to that have tales behind them- this makes me look at some of the things I surround myself with in a different light
Merry Christmas
Johnina

A Paperback Writer Photos said...

That fellow has a very elvish look, doesn't he?

21 Wits said...

Writer, yes! I have to agree with you, he does!