Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thematic Photographic - 179 - Glow

January can offer a blander view of things......

So I invite you to visit Carmi's blog at

http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2012/01/thematic-photographic-179-glow.html

for a glowing experience.  Our theme this week is  " Glow"

"The glow of one warm thought, is to me worth more than money..." I believe this, and Thomas Jefferson gained fame by quoting this.
The glow of warm thoughts - could fill this empty room with cheerfulness- and not everyone will notice......but yet, it leaves you with an inner glow......... long after you've gone..... it's,
"Your very own secret...." treasure it.

            I really enjoy a quiet walk on a dark and cold evening......especially if I stumble upon ....

A glow of colored lights......JUST WAITING FOR ANYONE!   Stop and enjoy them.......  somebody left the lights on just for you...... 


Even after some places close for the day (like the enchanting deli above)...yet an afterglow radiates still....long after the doors were locked ......

As does the memory of a sad movie.....which also lingers on......bitterly......leaving a simple thought of why?  For me anyway.   What were they thinking to leave the strongest feeling of deep sadness, when there were so many other feelings to expound upon ...... that's my interpretation of the film.... The Descendants, you'll have your own. 

                    So, throw back your scarf and run across the snow-less street and bask in the biting cold across your face and keep running all the way to a wide awake cafe screaming with delight......after all it was just another movie............

Imagine this, left all alone is one empty table anxiously waiting for it's next glowing conversations.....of idle chatter and extreme laughter, and it's a window seat on a Saturday night!

but it's not going to be empty for very long...... ha ha!

20 comments:

JosephAlsarraf said...

That sounds like a nice place to eat, I like to eat in warm small places, like they have in D.C. : )

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

aaaaaah....love your GLOWS!! :)

Alexia said...

such great GLOW pics - well done! Love your multi-coloured comments - they glow too!

carmilevy said...

I can feel the warmth in these scenes, Karen. Also living in a winter climate, I've long found peace in the oases of warmth and light that we come across as we're walking through a cold, dark landscape. These are wonderful!

Little Nell said...

Now I have a lovely warm glow too after reading this post.

Snowcatcher said...

I knew when I saw the word "glow" this was going to have some great photos, and I was right! Love light photos!

JJ said...

Karen: Where is the Mill St. Tavern? It looks familiar.

Lisa Shafer said...

Wow. Those orange chairs really do glow!

Bob Scotney said...

Mill Street here I come. What could be finer, a table for two and a nice warm glow.

darlin said...

I hope you have a great time at that table! :-) I like the theme of Glow, you've done it again Karen, posted some fantastic quotes to match your Glowing Photos!

Have a wonderful day!

A Paperback Writer Photos said...

That top one is an especially good choice.

21 Wits said...

JJ- Mill St. Tavern is in Cannon Falls, Mn. Our President Obama was there this year and ate lunch at the Deli with the colored lights outside! So if you've been to Minnesota it's possible you've been there! excellent food and drinks!

My name is Riet said...

Beautiful colored glows. Love them

Cloudia said...

now you've got me all aglow!


Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Cheryl Kohan said...

Karen, one day I'll head to Cannon Falls and find a table at the Mill Street Tavern! If President Obama visited there, it's extra incentive. I love your golden glow thoughts. Lovely post!

21 Wits said...

Cheryl -if you go up the street to the Deli- (in front of the bike trail) that's where President Obama ate, and there are photos all over the walls about his visit...hurry though, who knows how long they will keep them up! The food (especially the soups) are awesome here too.... Cannon Falls has it all...even a great winery! Bike in or drive either way you'll have a blast!

Max Sartin said...

Great pictures, really like that first one. Looks so warm and relaxing.

Mark said...

Very nice glow shots. I'm a little late in the game this week, but mine fits nicely.

Anonymous said...

This is what I have been searching in quite a few web pages and I ultimately identified it right here. Wonderful post. I am so impressed. Could under no circumstances imagine of these a point is attainable with it…I imagine you have a excellent information in particular while dealings with these kinds of topics.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love your take on the glow theme. Lovely collection of photos. The tavern looks like a great place! Enjoy your day and new week!