Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thematic Photographic #188 Lights On

THEMATIC PHOTOGRAPHIC


             Our theme for this week is "Lights On"  and brings forth a path well lighted, or so we might believe at first glance.



             If you want to play along with Carmi's, Thematic Photographic" at his "Written Inc." blog please just go here


http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2012/03/thematic-photographic-188-lights-on.html


"Truth, like the burgeoning of a bulb under the soil, however deeply sown, will make its way to the light." - Ellis Peters



LIGHTS ON, camera, action please begin......






Things and places are not always as they seem, or what they are labeled, are they?

Inside this store they sell "Hats" an unbelievable selection too.





Lights on, can be a mysterious case of "Boxed lighting"


Is this what many patio owners wish they could display, but sadly most don't?  This was taken inside Ridgedale Shopping Center Mall, in Minnetonka, Minnesota.





If you skip the Costco and big boxed stores and venture into the exclusive more trendy shopping centers like below, they offer an artsy touch to their selling approach.

At the "Galleria Shops of Distinction" Edina, Minnesota.




What could be better than roaming the quiet and deserted streets of Cannon Falls.  This is shortly after all the shop owners have closed up for the day, and just for those of us who enjoy strolling by, they have left the

Lights on for us!


It's always a good feeling of comfort when into the darkness we may roam to later discover, someone has left the lights on.

One last thought for this lights on theme
I had a little lights on discovery this last week with one of my tires that continued to leak air.



It's fixed!

No more warning messages flashing on my dash....so far as yet anyway.

25 comments:

sage said...

Is that snow I see in the last two shots? Haven't seen much of that this year!

Little Nell said...

I have been enlightened by your post :) once again you've found the right pictures for the theme, with some appropriate words to add to the mix. Well done Karen!

Jenny Woolf said...

Some good pictures to match the theme. Looks like you have stuck something IN the tyre - of course I know you didn't but -!!

21 Wits said...

Sage, second to last is snow! It was taken a few weeks ago. The last one is the shop floor (no snow) where my tire was fixed!

21 Wits said...

Jenny, you're kind of close, the repair man put his tool where the nail was. Just before the repair. I got to keep the nail too! ha ha

Lisa Shafer said...

I like the one with blue frames.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Goin' to the Chapel...

Nice pics, Karen S.!
~

Max Sartin said...

Nice set of pictures, I really like the street scene near the bottom of the post. And I hope you took that pick thing out of the tire before you put it back on the car...

Cloudia said...

you well show the comfort of light



Warm Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

>< } } ( ° >

Bethe77 said...

What amazing photos of lights tha you captured! I love the one that says chapel. Great shots. Do you take camera everywhere with you?
Thanks for dropping in today.
Hope you have a fab week. Blessings

21 Wits said...

Ifthethunderdontgetya, I really like that song!

21 Wits said...

Elizabeth, I do take my camera everywhere! A little one slips in my purse, and my cell phone takes fairly good shots, but those days I go just for photos, the big camera comes along too! I got my first camera at about 8 or 9 years old!

darlin said...

Karen these are fantastic shots, I especially love the brick building at night time, mighty nice of the shop owners to leave the lights on! :-)

Cheers.

Rek Sesh said...

Always different, I enjoyed these pictures. The last one truly makes a statement.

Bob Scotney said...

My day is light(er) already for seeing these entertaining shots.

Alan Burnett said...

What a grand selection of lights - and I must say that I do envy you that hat shop.

21 Wits said...

Cloudia, Thank you, I always enjoy your visits!

21 Wits said...

Alan, and you should, it's quite British in there! A lovely spot indeed, and they show all the latest trends and what was worn at the recent Royal Wedding!

Busana Muslim said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

Snowcatcher said...

Oh, man! Hate flat tires, but you've got something (a light on?!?) on your dash to alert you before it starts going wumpity, wumpity, wumpity? Technology... amazing.

Gilly said...

Those are great shots, but I particularly like the boxed lights - as a photograph, not sure I would want them in my house!!!

carmilevy said...

I think I need to visit Cannon Falls. That one picture paints such a warm, quaint photo of the place!

Seriously, you shop in the neatest places!

21 Wits said...

Carmi, Thanks, it's good to see you here! You would like Cannon Falls, it's a big biking town too! It's not too far from downtown Minneapolis! Enjoy your weekend!

21 Wits said...

Busana Muslim, thanks and I'm happy you stopped by!

21 Wits said...

Rek, I know, it does, and you wouldn't believe how small the nail was, more like a braid the repair man called it...but it sure wasn't good for my tire!