Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thematic Photographic - 241 Pairs

Foremost on my mind is spring, or the lack of it. Curiously enough, while Carmi was posting pairs, as our next photo theme, I was shooting the beginning of yet another April snow storm!



Minnesota Spring




A pair of trees waiting for buds.




Arriving back home late yesterday afternoon 
our rain was slowly beginning to change
over to snow once again.


and then shortly later

not too long after
came the real heavy, wet stuff falling fast.






 
Ah, the joys of winter in the middle of our springtime!
 
Makes you want to break out the snow shovel, right?



Yes, a few thaws ago, all the deck furniture came out again.
In the hopes
that soon spring would be here.

Now, today our afternoon, welcomes sunshine and again,
 the beginning of another melt.






A pair of  Frozen coffee mugs this morning!

Don't think we're not out enjoying our spring too!
 
 
 
For more Thematic Photographic posts
go here
 

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, those chairs buried in the snow say it all! :) bless you!

21 Wits said...

Tex- I know they kind of do. I have a 14 year old that is having a rough time in some of the icy stuff so I have to block off areas so she doesn't go there! These chairs are serving a purpose besides comforting the snow! Ha! Ha!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

This Floridian just can't relate.

I checked the thermostat a few minutes ago to make sure it hadn't accidentally been pushed up too far, since the AC hadn't come on in a while.

(And I'm even sitting north of I-10 this minute). Supposed to breach 90 here Thursday.

Nice pix...despite the white stuff.

- Mac

21 Wits said...

14 year old dog!!!!

Snowcatcher said...

I'm beginning to wonder if spring is ever going to wake up this year. Looks like things are much the same in your neck of the woods. Here's to high hopes for much green real soon...

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Back from Florida, I feared we would get stuck in snow but though I feel for you with snow on April 23, I am glad it is you and not us!

Liked the progression on the chairs!

Lisa Shafer said...

I like the first one with the pair of chairs. :D

darlin said...

Karen you had me laughing at the coffee outside, what else can we do when it's still winter and it's supposed to be spring but laugh?

Thanks for the late night chuckle. Have a wonderful week and I'm watching for the 70 degrees this weekend! ;-)

Bob Scotney said...

Oh dear! Perhaps we shouldn't have put our snow shovel away. Coffee outside in the snow - hope it had a shot of something strong to go with it.

Gilly said...

Oh I love those shots! They are great! Where is spring, indeed? its not over here, either!

Unknown said...

They are calling for the possibility of snow around here in the next day or so. So, I would like to tell you what you can do with your snow, but I am just plain too nice!

Lisa B said...

Wonderful photos but I hope you get spring soon!

Filip and Kristel said...

You call this spring? It is no longer funny. I want to see the sun.

Greetings,
Filip

Max Sartin said...

Nothing better than a hot cup of coffee (or cocoa) on a snowy day. Great shot. And I like the pair of shots of the pair of chairs. Cool.

Kiwi Nomad said...

I love the 'flow' in your photos Karen, from the twin trees to the twin chairs with light snow, then heavy snow. It looks gorgeous but you are obviously getting very tired of it now. Best wishes for a quickly advancing spring!

Sharon said...

I can't comprehend how cold it must get. We don't get snow where I live.
I would imagine that it would be beautiful though.

jenn said...

we've already had spring. it's over. done. summer's practically here. sweltering heat and humidity in three... two... one.