Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Alphabe-Thursday - Celebrate J

We open our notebooks to another assignment for Miss Jenny at "Off on my tangent" by introducing the letter "J" for class today.


ALPHABE-THURSDAY

MY LETTER J IS FOR JUST Wondering.


JUST wondering why didn't I become an architect?  

The real jewel of an architect that is.  



I'm not joking when I say I've been jamming my mind these days, in a joyful manner, jumping from one house design to another.  I've enjoyed studying houses and buildings since I was a child.  

Juggling back and forth with thoughts of when, where, or what we might down size to, as they say, from our old family homestead.

Just thinking mind you, and so,

Just for fun, and not being judgmental, I pose a question, which has been bugging me.  

Just what were those designers thinking?  I've been trying to justify the builder, or rather architect that gave thought to the idea of blocking the front view of a house with a garage.  


Of course, if I ever had a house designed with our garage as the very front of my house, this design below might possibly be it.




Yet, when I really study the photo, it's simply the garage door I like most of all. 


Just for the record, far too many townhouses, row houses or lodges as they are frequently called appear too often like this photo below.






How do you like this house?  Oh really, you can't see it? Well, it's right there behind the garage.


Moving on and,
Judging by this photo below, just by having their upper terrace in plain view, keeps the rest of their house much more private.

But, also lacking in style or beauty.  I like what a garage is/does, period.




Maybe it's just me, but I find the front of any house, a jolly sight to behold.  It often lends to just who lives within the house as well.  




Just the kind of place I might enjoy at the lake for sure.  Quite a crafty and sturdy structure for sure, see here.

Okay, I'm-
Just wondering what your thoughts are on this subject, and if you have any you'd care to share, please do.  But just for the record, the photo below is pretty much my perfect fit.  What do you think?





Just for the record, I will forever like this jolly old joyful style best of all.

15 comments:

Leovi said...

Wonderful homes! Nice pictures!

Cloudia said...

Last one IS best to me!
Though garage as castle wall to hide behind has a certain appeal too. If I had a garage, I'd still own EVERY motorcycle I ever had!!!!


ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

Jackie McGuinness said...

Just a jovial post, all in jest? Seriously, I agree, who wants their garage to be the first thing one sees when coming to visit???

carol l mckenna said...

Great post and fun photos and I agree ~ functional more than beautiful in design ~ never too late to do what you want to do ~

carol, xxx
www.acreativeharbor.com

Pondside said...

I just don't understand this passion for houses behind mammoth garages. I swear there are whole subdivisions that should include Garage Lane, Garage Avenue, Garage Street. Nothing says 'go away' like a big, blank garage door hiding the front door.
I'm with you here!

Along These Lines ... said...

Jolly good post

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I like the stone hobbit house best, too.

;-)

Judie said...

I used to love designing houses! And I agree about those garages. Fortunately, our current house has the garage on the side. Incidentally, I read recently that architects are reconsidering the open concept kitchen. I don't like seeing pots and pans when I have guests, so I think that's a smart idea. What about you?

JJ said...

Great letter this week. Thanks. JJ

Jenny Woolf said...

The last one looks almost like something a friend has in his garden in England. J is "my" letter of the alphabet, of course! :) Jenny

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Yep, I'm with you. I love the last one...

fredamans said...

I prefer the garage out of sight, the house should be the welcoming point for any visitor.

Lola said...

Love that last photo too! No contest!

Little Wandering Wren said...

I'm sure you'd make a brilliant architect, you'd have design and aesthetics at the forefront of your work. I'm wondering whether it's the fact that the car has taken over our lives and we all want ease of access. How many times do you get in and out of your car in a day? For me it's lots.
Having said that I don't have a garage here and would love one but we'd have to stick it at the front of the house which would ruin the period charm - hmmm your point exactly!!
Great post , have enjoyed pondering it!!
Wren x

Susan Anderson said...

Yep, I like an understated garage, myself.

=)