Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Critters abound

Good morning and welcome to





I love hanging out with my human Mom!




I seldom post about our cat, Kitty and yet she's making another brief appearance this week as well.  Lucky for her that she was such a super-hero-kitty last week, because this week-
she's pretty much driving us all a bit bananas!

Apparently for her, it's mating season again. Go figure, the weather warms up and so does she.  As you'll notice in the next photo, she's everywhere we are. Yep, she just climbed across my keyboard!


Rub, rub, rub, rub, RUB!





OOps.


"There are no uninteresting things, 
only uninterested people."
G.K. Chesterton


"Cats are connoisseurs of comfort."

James Herriot


Just saw this adorable idea on Facebook this morning.



You know it's gonna be hard to eat even one of them.



So while some/114.4 million (or darn close) viewers just in the United States
were watching the Super Bowl this year,



Some adventurous, free-spirited souls went fishing instead.



"Traditional angling is to escape the noise and one-
upmanship of modern angling in favor 
of something simple and beautiful."
Fennel Hudson



Okay, a quick hello from our blind pup Allie. It just goes to show even though she's been blind (almost her entire life) it rarely shows.  We love you Allie.



She may not see, but thoughts always circle, through her head.

"The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts."
Marcus Aurelius


Never forget, we're as happy as we feel inside!




"I've got nothing to do today but smile."
Paul Simon

Won't you smile along with me too?!

22 comments:

Jeanie said...

I might have to make those eggs this weekend. I just bought a wonderful bunch of fresh dill at Horrocks and it is so good! I've been thinking egg salad for a long time -- but maybe these chick eggs are better!

Keep showing more Kitty! She's beautiful!

Lea said...

Love the stuffed eggs! And then Humpty-Dumpty! Wonderfully large catfish! Cute dogs and cat!
Have a great week-end!
Lea

Christine said...

Aww hugs to Allie! I smiled at the Humpty Dumpty - very dapper looking!

darlin said...

Your post brought a smile to my face, your pets are so adorable! Proud puppy in the seat, cool cat stretching across your keyboard and your good old faithful friend guarding the couch, totally lovable.

That's some fish, a few meals out of that one without a doubt!

Wishing you a wonderful Saturday Karen... now back to my edits! The fun never ends in my world! lol Cheers.

Cloudia said...

Always do! Your happy animals say nice things about YOU!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you always make me smile, my friend. I love your pictures and your quotes. You do this so well, and you inspire me. Don't be surprised if I start to do this kind of post occasionally...if I ever get my act together.
Bill is changing jobs. Still trucking, but more home time including weekends and most holidays. Maybe we can get back to normal, somewhat.
Hugs.
P.S. Where was that huge fish caught? Bill is curious.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely series of shots ~ Quite the fish caught ~ especially like your kitty photos and the dogs ~ all adorable!

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Debbie said...

awww such cute critters!!! i saw those eggs on pinterest and made them last year. i used cooked bacon in the mix and for the eyes and slivers of carrots for the nose. they came out cute!!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

WOW! That is some fish. Love the critters an also those eggs are cute. Have a lovely weekend.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Karen!:) This is such a happy post, love all your cute pet and egg pictures. I'm definately going to make the stuffed eggs some time soon. The Humpty Dumpty made me smile, and I enjoyed all the quotes.

Elephant's Child said...

Love those critters.
The eggs look like a LOT of work. V cute though.

RedPat said...

I'm smiling! ;-)

EG CameraGirl said...

For sure this post made me smile, Karen!

TexWisGirl said...

sweet pups and kitty. wow, that's a fish!

Alexia said...

Oh, your cat is beautiful! Do you breed from her? I guess so, or she would be neutered. Great dog pics too.

Ida said...

Super fun post. Both your dogs are quite handsome and that kitty, so precious. Enjoyed the fun deviled eggs & the egg statue too. That was one big fish.

BECKY said...

I love everything about this post! Your sweet pets, the gigantic fish, the adorable eggs, and your happy, optimistic view on life!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

What a YUUGE catfish! Congrats!
~

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, I love your sweet pups and the kitty! That is a huge fish! The eggs are cute. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

:)

Kilroy

humbird said...

The best post ever! Animals, empowering quotes, nice food and smile to wrap it up! Wonderful! I feel fulfilled at Sunday too!
Thank you!

Lois said...

What a sweet post. I love seeing all your furry family members.