Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Monkey Business and Other Critters


Welcome to



Not all critters are adorably sweet like Jasmine.


Some like the one below is a silly monkey just hanging around.




A few monkeys though are sometimes a bit scary, like below.
Just kidding!
This sweet monkey is making faces
 with the person making faces at him!



They're determining who has the biggest tongue.
 Clearly monkey does!
Monkey see, monkey do,
 you know.


Sadly, here in Minneapolis during the remodeling of what once was the Dayton Building workers uncovered a mummified monkey
 that clearly had an unhappy ending.



Imagine the excitement of being involved in this remodeling adventure? So far from jade to a mummified monkey has been discovered. What else will they uncover in our old Dayton Building?


Here's what's going on in my world today. Yep, it's spring, but you'd still never guess it by our weather. We're in a blizzard warning until tomorrow morning.




By the minute it's getting deeper.




Thanks friend, for building a deck that blends so well with me, chirped the Mourning Dove. 


I took these pictures through my kitchen window, just as a Mourning Dove flew in not particularly excited about the falling snow covering the ground all over again.




"A bone to the dog is not charity.
Charity is the boned shared with the dog,
when you are just as hungry as the dog."
Jack London



Misty yesterday. "Where's all my snow?"


Then this morning,



Hooray it's back!






I brought one of my inside Gnomes out
 to visit an incredibly snowy outside Gnome.


 If spring had truly arrived as it should by now, this is where I'd be this weekend.  Yes it was planned. Not anymore. 




No worries, I've decided to adapt a positive outlook
 with all this well, 
doom and gloom of yet another blizzard. 
Even when my daughter sends photos of them eating ice cream by their pool.
This quote will see all of us through it, I know it.

"I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow,
then a sleepy and permanent planet."
Jack London

Change your thoughts and you change the world.
Norman Vincent Peale

Take good care of you.

10 comments:

RedPat said...

We are having a storm that started with rain this morning and is now ice pellets (about 1 inch so far) and then this is to turn to freezing rain during the night and all day tomorrow before turning to rain again for Monday! What a wonderful spring we are all having! I like your final quotes, Karen! Be safe & warm.

Debbie said...

All critters are adorable in their own way....but your sweet kitten is super sweet!!

Do you think it will ever stop snowing? I think we are done with snow but we are not having a pecticulary nice spring!!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your critters. And feel for that poor monkey.
I hope Spring settles down with you. Soon.

Jono said...

I'm just happy the snow is staying south of us. We've got gale warnings on Lake Superior, but aren't expecting much snow. Fear not, your deck will be user again soon.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Ugh, sorry about your snow. Our weather has been rough here..and a bit scary, too. I'm so ready for spring. Have a good weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Karen!

I love the cute kitty, monkey and your snow loving dog. Sweet shots of the dove. The weather has been all over the place lately. We had 80 ° days this week and next week back down highs in the 40's. We have been below normal for most of the spring so far. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Thanks also for the comment. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Happy snow, Mr. Gnome

Cloudia said...

At this point, I like being a sleepy planet, and wouldn't mind being 'permanent'.

I so like the way you think, feel, and express, Karen

Jeanie said...

Your Jasmine is so beautiful -- what a wonderful face she has!

We're getting the weather you had (and maybe still do). Ice everywhere. Weirdest winter/spring I can ever remember!

humbird said...

Just perfect attitude and photos. Love mourning dove, and gnomes visiting... Best quotes about dog and bones, and the dog missing his snow to play with, - so priceless! Thank you, Karen! Love your spirit.