Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Savannah on My Mind and A few Critters

Okay so make that Georgia On My Mind preferably by Ray Charles.

I just read something about Savannah, Georgia which I experienced first hand.
"Savannah is utterly impervious to outside influence."

Maybe that's why I find it so darn charming.


Step into the unknown.



I pulled out some old vacation disks like I'm sure many of you do during the winter months and honestly Savannah has been a need-to-return destination point for too long. It's time I make this happen again and soon.



"No other creatures of the savannah sleep as deeply or as soundly as lions,
 but after all, lions are the main reason for not sleeping soundly."
Elizabeth Marshall Thomas

Speaking of creatures, or critters and lions and I offer a moment especially for

SATURDAY'S CRITTERS

Life just wouldn't be the same without our animals.




Here's my sweet Dash.



Really mom more pictures? I was just dozing off.




Here's my Misty and Dash really enjoying the moment 
of blissful outdoor magic.



Gosh, there's a whole world out there.


Returning to my enjoyment of Savannah 


Stately gorgeous mansions and buildings everywhere.


The squares! 22 of them remaining. 
There were two more historic squares
 that were lost to development.
Each with their own mystique.




So many tours. Take the time to eventually do them all!



Live oaks and Spanish Moss.




So many cemeteries worthy of a visit.
Especially Bonaventure Cemetery.



I think we covered every single city street in Savannah
on foot! The glamour of these grand buildings and nearly all of them have their own (often secret) little patio gardens and terraces.


All usually gated but for the most part you can peek inside.

Thanks for spending some time with me.
May the road rise up to meet you always
and take good care of you.




8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Time for another visit to Savannah? It is a pretty city. Love the cute photos of Dash and Misty!Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks for the comment on my blog.

Sandi said...

"Savannah is utterly impervious to outside influence."

I LOVE this!

Adam Jones said...

What gorgeous dogs. Reminds me of my old dog that was a miniature schnauzer.

Elephant's Child said...

Life definitely wouldn't be the same without our critters. The world would be smaller and sadder.

RedPat said...

I've never been there but it always looks intriguing in pics! Cute dogs, Karen!

Debbie said...

dash is adorable, so expressive, such a cutie!!

i would love to see savannah one day and all those secret gardens i have read about!!

have a happy sunday!!

Anu said...

Hello. Wonderful serie of photos. The dogs are cute. I like the song "Georgia on my mind".

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

No gnomes in Savannah?