Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Quirky Cultural Tidbits



Get Off the Main Road
Not anymore, been there, done that.


Remember Dino?
Well, every scarf has a tale.

Dinosaurs are a touchtone that
 separates the mentality of children
from that of adults.
Dale Russell




This is where my morning began.

Next



Beautiful Misty.


Being my day off much scheduled, dog grooming, etc. yet in the back of my mind I regretted not buying more books by local authors on Sunday. Clever reason to return there, soon.



Sweet Reads.
 One quirky, creatively designed and well crafted for
 your reading pleasure bookstore. 
They have it all and more. Believe me.

Read 
what writers
 have written 
to be remembered.
Then share their stories.



Tell me, what is it you plan to do 
with your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver





Never make fun of someone's passion 
Because that's the thing 
that saves them from the world.



Never to be forgotten.


Downtown Austin, Minnesota


Instructions for living a life.
 Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.
Mary Oliver


Quiet people have the loudest minds.
Stephen King


Don't you just love afternoon strolls?



I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.
Mary Oliver



Possibly in my next post or soon after, will be an interesting true life story,
that I just happened upon.

While I was driving past a farmer's field along a back road which led to a rural highway I noticed
about a five foot rocket and historical marker, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.  But with good reason. More to follow!

Thank you for stopping in.
Take good care of you.



10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

One person's passion can save the world as well.
Bookstores are always high on my list - and this looks like a beauty.

RedPat said...

Mary Oliver seems to be very wise!

Sandi said...

"Quiet people have the loudest minds.
Stephen King"

❤️

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Story time and reading is one of my favorite things. I love all the Mary Oliver quotes. Misty is beautiful. The Maryland Primary is not till April 28, we did recently vote and had a special election for Congressman Eli Cumming's spot. He will be missed. Take good care of you! Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

sage said...

Glad to hear that you started your date at the poll, doing your civic duty!

www.thepulpitandthepen.com

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I have to admit I prefer early morning walks Karen but that has a lot to do with our weather, later in the day can be too hot, especially in summer ✨ Well done on the voting, let's hope for a huge turnout in November. I agree with Stephen King re the quiet minds 😊

Andrea Charles said...

I don’t want to end up simply visited the world. What a beautiful it is!! I loved all your observations, especially the ‘sweet reads,’ that wholly satisfied my ides of a reading place. Where is the photograph of the five-foot rocket in the middle nowhere? Anyways, I enjoyed visiting your blog. Keep blogging!!

Edi said...

Jika anda mencari agen judi yang bisa memberikan anda keuntungan banyak, segera cari infonya melalui situs terpercaya yang ada dibawah ini.

Info Pendek
Info Jitu
Cheat Pasti
Situs Panas

Cloudia said...

Love you, thanks!

VasanthMusicCoimbatore said...

Thanks for sharing some of the inspiring posts. Do not discourage a person when he works for his passion. I came to know about a woman in my Music institute in Coimbatore who was passionate about music